Author Topic: Pain/discomfort  (Read 1211 times)

Offline Johnnyessex

• Posting Member
I’m 3 week’s post op and was wondering how long does it take to feel normal again like pre-op? I currently have a stinging and tingling feeling all over my chest.

Offline Ruben

It varies, I'm sure, from individual to individual.
At 3 weeks things didn't feel right for me, by week 5 when I regained full range of motion in the arms, it felt much better. I think the return of regular movement helped the chest to feel more normal generally.
Have noticed quite a few people report the tingling and sharp pains, but I guess the body is just rebuilding after the trauma - after all tissue has been literally cut out / sucked out and the operated areas are healing.
Try waiting for the 5-6 weeks mark, it should be better by then.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
August 15th I had a CABG,   otherwise known as a triple bypass,  I then had a bad case of pneumonia.  The coughing caused the wiring on my sternum to come loose and on Sept 15 I had surgery to fixate the sternum with plates and screws.   I don't remember much pain following the first surgery but after the second one it was severe.   It is now down to numbness and sometimes being itchy.   the point is that it does take a while and usually itching is one of the signs that you are near the end of the healing process.  Good luck. 
Grandpa Dan

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024