Author Topic: (pls dont move) Doctor's opinion: reducing fat  (Read 3371 times)

Offline iwannabefree

• Bronze Member
Please dont move my post to Fat and Gynecomastia section because that never gets looked at. I want to ask a doctor about hormonal issues in dealing with fatloss. Would also welcome some people's opinions regarding this:

If two equally obese men, one with gyne, one without - do the equal amount of workout, would the man without non gynecomastia lose more fat than the man with gynecomastia. Could this be because gyne causes high estrogen and reduces fat loss.

I need a doctor's opinion.
Also want some experiences from men who have tried to lose fat before surgery.

Offline Jake

• Silver Member
  • My body is my temple.
I know I'm answering this a little late but hopefully you're still lurking about iwannabefree. 

Your question was:  "If two equally obese men, one with gyne, one without - do the equal amount of workout, would the man without non gynecomastia lose more fat than the man with gynecomastia? Could this be because gyne causes high estrogen and reduces fat loss?"

To answer your question as a whole: NO.  Both of the obese men would lose weight, albeit at different rates because their bodies are different.  But the obese man WITH gynecomastia could and would lose the same amount of weight as the other obese man without gynecomastia.  If he loses weight at a different rate, it has to do with his body and nothing more.

Gynecomastia has nothing to do with weight loss; they're two separate issues.  Gynecomastia does not cause high estrogen levels.  Smoking marijuana, taking anabolic steroids, and/or taking any other estrogen inducing drugs causes gynecomastia to occur.  But the most common cause of gynecomastia is puberty.  That's when the testosterone and estrogen levels go nuts and estrogen levels can jump through the roof and cause the breast tissue to overreact and grow too much.

Gynecomastia is simply excess breast tissue in your chest.  It is nothing more than that.  It will not cause high estrogen levels or reduce fat loss.  The only things that can do that are drugs (medical or recreational).

I'm not obese, but I do know what I'm talking about.   ;)

Had gynecomastia since age 12.
Surgery performed on July 18, 2008 by
Dr. Jeffrey Wagner in Indianapolis, IN.
(Excision and Liposuction)

"The heart moves on while the mind remembers."

Offline iwannabefree

• Bronze Member
Thanks about that Jake, just that i remember reading somewhere on this forum that the presence of gland means more estrogen. anyways, thanks.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024