Author Topic: Where in Asia or Australia?  (Read 2952 times)

Offline johnniegreen

Hello everyone,

I've had moobage for over ten years.  Working out doesn't shift it and I want it gone, post haste.  I had some consultations a few years ago and both surgeons suggested surgery.  Lipo and gland removal would both be required; skin tightening would not.

I'm Australian but I live in Hong Kong.  I'm tossing up whether to get the job done somewhere in the US or Asia, or to travel home to Australia and have it done there.  Being Australian I can take advantage of the slight reduction in costs thanks to Medicare, but I'm aware that this doesn't really add up to much.  Obviously flights to/from Australia are costlier and more time consuming than those around Asia.

I'd like to keep costs down where possible, but I'm not prepared to compromise on the result; I'd like a good finish.  I guess what I'm getting at is that I want the best result possible, but I don't have a blank chequebook.

So what I'm trying to figure out is:

- Firstly, are there any recommended surgeons in Asia?  Who/where are the best ones?
- Who knows, if I'm really lucky, maybe someone here knows of a great surgeon in Hong Kong or Southern China?
- Or am I better off taking a trip home to Australia and having the work done there?  Melbourne or Sydney would be my most convenient choices, though I'd look at the other cities.
- Alternately, Los Angeles isn't too much of a stretch from Hong Kong.  Perhaps best to head there?

Many thanks for any help that you're able to provide!

Offline floppies

• Posting Member
Did you ever find a suitable surgeon?

Offline johnniegreen

Hi floppies,

Not as yet, no.  The surgery has been put on the back burner the last few months but I'm now investigating again.  Probably leaning towards Australia at this stage - either Sue Thistlethwaite in Melbourne or Ben Norris in Sydney, given the great reviews that each has received on here.

On that note - can anyone comment on the cost difference between the two?

Offline zikan

• Posting Member
i came to the same conclusion as you in terms of either Dr Sue Thistlethwaite or Dr Norris.  I live in Sydney and chose Sue because she is simply a cut above. PLUS to answer your question she is cheaper.  Around $4000-$5000

I also chose Sue based on her ethics. She doesn't show before and after picture or post glossy adds on her website.   the only way she sells herself is by word of mouth!  Also, her staff are fantastic and very helpful.

i think google sums it up well.. if you start to type her name into google the suggested search term is "dr sue thistlethwaite gynecomastia".   this is because it is the surgery she is known for!!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024