Author Topic: gettin a lil angry  (Read 4485 times)

Offline crusade

• Posting Member

im 19 and had lipo done about a week ago on the NHS Although there is a change , its startin to bother me that the change is no where as big as i was hopin it would be. Ive taken some before and after pics and i dont think i can really see much of a change.the nipple isent as puffy, and there is a lil change in shape...but im convinced soo much more could have been taken out. the doctor said he took out about 100cc out of each i think .......i dont know how much dat is, but .....i think im just impatient.

Im praying its down to swellin, athough i dont feel much pain, so i dont know. but im takin flaxseed oil everyday and im gonna start cyclin everyday. im not livin with this anymore. im sick of it. im willin to do anything. im gonna try and stay of meat and dairy products as well. anything that may make a differnce. anyway sorry for the moan, but im just sick of it now, and i promice myself dat i aint goin through another year of it.  

Offline 3timer

• Posting Member
  • Your gonna cut what off?
hey Crusade,

I am in the same situation as you. Had lipo and exision one week ago and just took off the foam pads. I also do not see a great deal of difference yet but if you have been following this site for awhile you have to take the advice from the veterans. They all say to be patient, to wait at least a month for swelling to suside so that is what we have to do. I know how anxious you are for immediate results, iam too, but trust your surgeon for now and wait for awhile. I am sure that we will both see better results in the future. My surgeon told me that it could be up to one year to see the final results so one week is nothing. I was interested in what flaxseed oil would do. Could you post its benifits?

thanks................3timer

Offline jc71

• Wilma, grab the lotion, we're going to the beach!
I know everyone sounds like a broken record on these boards but you really have to wait it out.  Your body takes time to heal itself.  Don't be surprised it you see a big difference from month 1 to month 3. :)

Offline aux513s

• Silver Member
I'm worried about this too.

I'm going to tell the doctor to take out as much as possible. If he says he's going to take 100ccs out of each, I'm going to demand 200ccs.

Offline rcbrown23

Aux...you don't  want to do that. There is definitley such thing as taking too much out. It mahyy sound like there is no way, but there is. I have a very low body fat percentage rate, and it is possible to take out to much even with me.

If too much is taken out, the tissue (skin) does not have any fat too latch onto, so it latches onto the mucsle underneath. This causes a very unnatural looking indentation that can be just as bothersome as the gyne itself, I'm sure.

Just find a doc that knows what he is doing, and let him decide how to do it.

You other guys are just going to have to wait it out. You will not see the results after one week, possible not even after 8 weeks. Hang in there and take it easy, there is nothing you can do at the moment, so worrying will get you nowhere.

-Brown

Offline aux513s

• Silver Member
In this situation I think too much is way better than not enough.

I can live with having small indentations in my chest, if that even happens. To me that's a lot better than having gynecomastia.

If you're spending five thousand plus on surgery you want it to have results. I think the reason most doctors want to take out smaller amounts is because they don't have to work as much. Or maybe a lot of them underestimate how much they need to take out.

Anyway, you have to make sure these money grubbing doctors don't rip you off. You should be the one to tell them what to do, not vice versa.

Offline jc71

• Wilma, grab the lotion, we're going to the beach!
aux, I understand your frustration and concern, but i'm telling you, Brown is right. That's why it's so important to pick the right surgeon. Read his post again, it's right on the money.

Believe me, you don't want too much taken out because it will look very unnatural. However, for some people, too much is better than not enough.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2005, 06:23:46 PM by jc71 »

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
FYI, There are approx 30 ml or cc per ounce. Thus your 100cc would be slightly more than 3 ounces. A common measuring cup is 8 ounces or about 240cc. So the 100 cc would be a little less than 1/2 cup. Those are fluid measures, but since a fluidounce of water weighs an ounce, it could also be said that slightly less than 1/4lb was taken from each side.

I wish our government and businesses would go metric, dealing with pounds and ounces is absolutely archaic.

I concur with the good advice above, You'll have to give it time.  You'll simply have to be patient.
Grandpa Dan

Offline crusade

• Posting Member

Jus wanna say thank you, for all you people replying. just people to talk to about the matter is liberatin, and i feel i can wait longer now as that seems that simply WAITING, and not expecting quick results is the best mindset to have.

its funny because i was planning to do a diary on the flax seed thing, but i was a lil low mentaly so i did not do it , but im gonna start like ....TODAY.and record how my progress goes. I sooooo hope it works, because im figuring with the lipo, and (diet/exercise) takin away the fat....then the flaxseed oil dealing with the gland, by summer my chest should be at a position where i aint atleat concious of what shirts i wear. ( maybe next year i can do the beach thing).we will see anyway.

aux 513s, i totally understand where ur comming from. i think i should have told the docter to take out more than he usually would, because i do think they underestimate for whateva reasons. for me i could deal with a smaller chest than usual......u can just build it back after all cant u.....just eat, and push weights...hmmmm.

thanx paw paw, for the exact measurement of the 100ccs . uve put it in persepective now. the thing is he did not discuss how much he was plannin to take out at the start so i was just puttin my faith in the fact that he knew what he was doin. IF THERE IS EVER A NEXT TIME IM GONNA MAKE SURE THE DOCTER KNOWS EXACTLY HOW MUCH I WANT.

anyway, again i wanna that ALL U GUYS for responding , as you have made things soo much easier to deal with, and given me some things to think about. I really appreciate it.

Crusade

Offline aux513s

• Silver Member
Let us know how the flaxseed oil works.

Maybe your P.S. will give you another lipo surgery for free, or at least for a discount. If he doesn't, I think a beatdown is in order.

I don't know if you can build back your chest that way, honestly I wouldn't care as long as my chest didn't stick out.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024