Author Topic: Mother of a son with Gyne  (Read 8509 times)

Offline There_Is_Hope

• Bronze Member
Sorry, Didn't mean to hurt anyone by saying disease.  But, the side affects of this condition are awful.  The lack of confidence and the feelings of inadequacy are destructive.  Especially, in today's world where looks seem to be everything.    The saying beauty is in the eye of the beholder.  Well  every culture deems this condition not beautiful.   I have read some of the messages from guys all over the world.  The torment and hurt is evident.

I do plan to take my son for a consultation for surgery.  He is also going to get the surgery if it takes my last dime.  No parent can look at their child, when he is in such inner pain, and not.

Your son is awesome to have such a wonderful and caring mother.

I told my mom that I had this condition after 4 years. When I did, she was totally supportive. Unfortunately, she doesn't have much money so she wanted me to go through health care which doesn't really seem to want to help 19 year olds with cosmetic surgery. She said she would spend her last dime on the operation as well, but I can't do that to her.

Once again, your son is a very lucky child, and I wish both him and you the best.

Offline bassplayer

• Silver Member
im 16 and my mom is supportive like you i dont know why the insurance wont cover it becuase it is a real health issue if suicide is invloved. My doc said he is going to help to make sure the insurance can pay for it. Gyn is really common tho next time you go to a public event with lots off ppl and its hott you will see that almost 80% of men  have some sort of gyn. What makes gyn bad is society and what tv shows us..

Gine2D

What makes gyne bad for some people is their attitude about their body.

It is not bad for me , my father, or my sons.

We live life to the fullest.

Offline sharon

I know what your feeling and you would rather you had the problem than them, i was told last month that my son has this condition, my son is very embarrassed as he is sports mad and dosent carry any weight making it seem worse, like you i'll do anything it takes to help him, i worked in plastic surgery so i know the results are excellent. i wish you all the best from Sharon

Offline heartbrokenmom

• Posting Member
Thanks Sharon.  I appreciate the kind words.   Today my son and I went to see a doctor.  It didn't go well.  He needs to loose more weight.  I don't know.  He is about 5 11 and weighs around 175.   More waiting and seeing my son loosing out on more of his young life.  As his mother, I wish I could take the pain away and fix this immediately.  I want him to realize he is a wonderful young man.    He told me he doesn't really want to see anyone and I can't get him to go back to college.    The doctor we saw was extremely proficient.  However, lets just say his "manner" didn't match his ability.   We both left the office extremely disapointed.   O'well , I guess this to shall pass.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024