Author Topic: has anyone got their insurance to pay?  (Read 1608 times)

Offline someguy26

• Posting Member
ok, so i'm 26 years old, and struggled with my weight on and off.  never large, just a bit thick... never had man boobs.  right now, i've dropped 30 or so lbs to 180, i'm 5'11".  pretty good physique, but i've ALWAYS had large nipples.  (puffy).  so i stumbled upon this subject on my bodybuilding forum i joined about 6 months ago for advice on my workout routine. 
i figured HOLY CRAP!  this is me!  i have a rather mild case from what i'm seeing in the pictures. but i do have a "lump" behind my right nipple in particular.  feels about the size of a dime.  had this since as far back as i can remember... i remember the first time i felt it, i freaked out, like it was cancer or something. 

anyways, i have a couple of questions... here they are!

1.  has anyone else had tenderness, soreness, etc? 
2.  this sounds weird, but my nipples are SENSITIVE... particularly the one with the large gland behind it.  i mean, it's like a womans nipple... i know my wife's nipples are sexually sensitive... my right one is as well...

3.  so i'm considering surgery to get this problem fixed.  i would love to have it done, but with 2 yr old twins at home, money is tight.  i've contacted my medical insurance, and i have an appointment to discuss it with their medical team tomorrow to see if it's covered.  the plastic surgeon i talked to on the phone says he would like to meet with me to discuss options.  he said if it can be fixed (which he sounded confident it could) he said what he usually does is writes a letter to the insurance company explaining that it would lesson the "risks of later tumor growth" or something along those lines, to see if he could get it covered.
in conclusion, has anyone gotten their insurance to cover this successfully?  the receptionist at the doc's office says she has gotton about 50% covered... any tricks to getting them to fork it over?

thanks in advance!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024