Author Topic: Dr. Frank Lista (pros and cons of his gynecomastia surgery)  (Read 8798 times)

Offline WhyMe?

Please inform me of the pros and cons of his gynecomastia surgery... share your story!

Offline dondante

• Gold Member
If you follow my signature link below, you will find my account of my experience (so far) with Dr. Lista. At this point I am 2 weeks post op and I have swelling and alot of scar tissue so I can't make a final verdict on how I think Dr. Lista did, however, I do know that the first day after surgery, before I began to swell, bruise, and develop scar tissue, my chest looked amazing. Unfortunately swelling, bruising and scar tissue are experienced by everybody post-op to varying degrees - and it affects the way your chest looks until you're fully recovered.

Here's the few pros and cons I can say about Dr. Lista's surgery.

Pros:
  • He's incredibly experienced.
  • His technique is different from most in that he excises the gland through the same incision he uses to lipo, thereby avoiding making scars on your nipples.
    • His clinic facilities and staff are top notch.
    • Time between consult and surgery can happen in less than a month.
      • After care is strong with at least 3 follow up visits.
      • He seems like a genuinely good guy.

Cons:
      • $$$ - expensive considering that you can get part of the procedure (gland excision) covered by OHIP if you get it done at a hospital, potentially saving yourself 4 grand.

The million dollar question though, is, was it worth it? I'm very confident it was, I can see improvements everyday as I recover - but I'm not close to 100% of where I want to be yet - and I can only answer that question with the benefit of more time.

Hope that helped,
      dondante

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024