Author Topic: Opinions? Puffy Nipple Issue [Photos]  (Read 4792 times)

Offline moose88

• Posting Member
Hello guys,

As a teenager i had a pretty big chest definately in moob territory! and had pretty puffy nipples.
I presumed that this would go away along with the moobs as i got older and lost weight.

Im now 21 and cursed with these puffy nipples which dont go. If im cold or whatever they occasionally take the shape of a normal one.

I am in shape and have a relatively low body fat % so its not obesity etc.

I am considering surgery due to the fact that i am massively self conscious and it makes me unable to wear clothes that i want to.

What do you guys think:

Offline BadCaseGyno

• Bronze Member
Surgery would definitely fix that.

DrBermant

Hello guys,

As a teenager i had a pretty big chest definately in moob territory! and had pretty puffy nipples.
I presumed that this would go away along with the moobs as i got older and lost weight.

Im now 21 and cursed with these puffy nipples which dont go. If im cold or whatever they occasionally take the shape of a normal one.

I am in shape and have a relatively low body fat % so its not obesity etc.

I am considering surgery due to the fact that i am massively self conscious and it makes me unable to wear clothes that i want to.

What do you guys think:

It does not take much Puffy Nipple Gynecomastia to distort a male look to the chest. You can see many examples before and after surgery on that page.  There is a thin muscle under the areola nipple skin that flattens the nipple when stimulated.  Unfortunately, it is not practical to keep stimulating this muscle.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
There appears to be excess breast tissue directly under the areola -- which will only be improved with surgery. 

Oftentimes, when exposed to cold temps or emotional stimulation, the skin of the nipples will contract and tighten.  By doing so, the puffiness will appear to be lessened.  But obviously, the excess tissue has just been pushed deeper inside and will re-emerge when the skin relaxes.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline moose88

• Posting Member
Thanks for the replys.
Has anyone had work of a similar nature done? or aware or any cases on here?
Also what is the cost for a gland removal in UK on average?

Thanks

DrBermant

Thanks for the replys.
Has anyone had work of a similar nature done? or aware or any cases on here?
Also what is the cost for a gland removal in UK on average?

Thanks

I see many UK patients with gynecomastia. You can read a few of their experiences on that link.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024