Author Topic: Reading Doctor's Reviews  (Read 2505 times)

Offline David1991

• Posting Member
How can we go about being sure any doctor is reliable, is it just based on what we can find online?

I just read a post on another forum about how incredibly rude Dr. Bermant was to his patient and how he refused to do revision surgery and wouldn't let the patient speak, etc...other's chimed in saying they had a similar experience and/or did not go through with the surgery after experiencing his conceited nature.

Now this is a doctor on this forum, which is supposed to be the reputable go-to site for this type of stuff. But with doctors paying to be advertised how can we every know?

I am in Baltimore and I see Dr. Dr. Schuster is a featured doctor on here and very close. I was thinking that would be a great option but not between the above examples and all these issues with revisions and people not being satisfied how can we every really know?

Any thoughts? It seems just having a seemingly successful photo gallery is not enough.

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Reading reviews about a doctor is now part of the entire process of deciding upon a physician for elective, non-emergency situations.

Every doc is now being reviewed, willing or not, and it is up to the reader to take all reviews into consideration.  unfortunately, most people who are satisfied do not take the time to write a review.  But someone who feels he has been wronged in any way will be the first to write a damning review.

Bottom line:  if you read consistently negative reviews about a doctor,then begin to re-consider going to him/her.  If you read mostly positive reviews, with an occasional negative review, then take the negative review with a grain of salt.  No person (doctors included) can please everyone else 100% of the time.

In the end, after reading reviews, after looking at a doc's website, after reading about him in forums and after visiting him in consultation, you should have a "gut" feeling as to whether you want that surgeon to operate on you.

Do your homework!

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline Dlink

• Bronze Member
How can we go about being sure any doctor is reliable, is it just based on what we can find online?

I just read a post on another forum about how incredibly rude Dr. Bermant was to his patient and how he refused to do revision surgery and wouldn't let the patient speak, etc...other's chimed in saying they had a similar experience and/or did not go through with the surgery after experiencing his conceited nature.

Now this is a doctor on this forum, which is supposed to be the reputable go-to site for this type of stuff. But with doctors paying to be advertised how can we every know?

I am in Baltimore and I see Dr. Dr. Schuster is a featured doctor on here and very close. I was thinking that would be a great option but not between the above examples and all these issues with revisions and people not being satisfied how can we every really know?

Any thoughts? It seems just having a seemingly successful photo gallery is not enough.

I have read those same review about Dr. Bermant on the various website and decided not to use him for that reason.

Its was like Dr. jeckle and Mr. Hide with that guy. I think he had a program auto responding with scripted responses on this forum to drum up business.

There was another doctor who had good reviews, all positive however I later found out that he make patient sign a contract forbidding them from writing a negative review. So no wonder the reviews were all positive, they are under legal threat with a gag order contract. His name was later added to the " hall of shame" for this practice. To make matters worse, many plastic surgeons don't list gynecomastia as a procedure or if they do, there are almost never any before & after pictures to go along with it.

Its like with Obamacare, you have to pass the bill to find out whats in it. Only,you have to have the surgery to find out its a good or bad doctor.

One of the doctor's I'm considering in a featured doctor on this page and has a dedicated website created by an angry patient( women for face lift) bashing him. How am I suppose to take that into consideration?

Offline David1991

• Posting Member

I have read those same review about Dr. Bermant on the various website and decided not to use him for that reason.

Its was like Dr. jeckle and Mr. Hide with that guy. I think he had a program auto responding with scripted responses on this forum to drum up business.

There was another doctor who had good reviews, all positive however I later found out that he make patient sign a contract forbidding them from writing a negative review. So no wonder the reviews were all positive, they are under legal threat with a gag order contract. His name was later added to the " hall of shame" for this practice. To make matters worse, many plastic surgeons don't list gynecomastia as a procedure or if they do, there are almost never any before & after pictures to go along with it.

Its like with Obamacare, you have to pass the bill to find out whats in it. Only,you have to have the surgery to find out its a good or bad doctor.

One of the doctor's I'm considering in a featured doctor on this page and has a dedicated website created by an angry patient( women for face lift) bashing him. How am I suppose to take that into consideration?

Right, like if someone like Dr. Bermont is getting reviews THAT bad consistently I feel like he shouldn't be allowed on a site like this. It just screws over even more people.

I agree with everything you said, it's a scary process. It's not the money for me, it's the uncertainty about the end result...if it will look worse, if it will look the same, if I'll need revision surgery, etc..

Would you mind saying or PMing me who the doctor at the end of your post is? The one that you were considering and is a featured doctor here.

I am looking into Dr. Dr. Schuster because he is featured here and so close but as mentioned it seems very hard to know for sure.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024