Author Topic: Binders  (Read 4327 times)

William

I was just wondering why no one here seems to investigate Chest Binders? Many Transmen from A-DD use them.

hammer

I've read a view things about them when I was looking for something to wear in the pool, but at 46H it sounded way to uncomfortable, so I never tried them. Other then that I can't be any help.

What I end up using was called a rash shirt, it is heavier then tee shirt up still didn't hide much, but being in a pool with a bunch of seniors didn't really matter anyway.

hammer

I don't remember if I've read how big you are, but try it and let us know how how it works for you! I've moved to a place that I now long go through a lot of trouble to hide them. I do wear a bra most of the time for support and comfort and not much more then a tee shirt one size to big. At 57, married with almost 4 grand kids I no longer feel a need to worry that much about them anymore!

Offline expedient-traveller

• Silver Member
Age does seem to grant wisdom. Early on I tried many things to "contain" the "guests" including the use of duct tape. Image was everything but comfort cannot be denied forever. I currently use a tight sports bra to do the compressing but I am switching to comfort and getting a few molded cup bras for the sake of the "guests." I also hear the molded cup bras do not advertise your "assets". There may be times where compression is needed but not all the time. Ouch!

Offline dbweb

• Bronze Member
When told I needed to support my breast, I started with sports bras, or "binders" as suggested in a different format.  If you have worn a device like this for more than 4-6 hrs at a time, you will soon understand why most would not choose this.  OUCH is the least of it, it just plain hurts after a while.  Once I found what a properly fit support bra will do, it was an easy choice.  I now have the support I need, have bras I wear 16 hrs a day with out issue, and will never consider going back to a "binder"

• Silver Member
Dbweb: I totally agree. I am in a sports bra at least 16 hours a day due to work, school and sundry other vicissitudes of life. Sometimes I am so tired I just lay down fully intending to get up and do not wake up till morning. I take off the sports bra I have on and put on an identical bra then off to work, resulting in more than 16 hours sometimes 36+ hours in a "chest squasher". I am still shopping for a  comfort bra. Can you tell me what kind you decided on and save me shopping time? Thanks.

hammer

I would highly recommend going for a formal fitting! It is the best thing I ever did for myself! If you have a girlfriend or wife to go with you it might help you feel more comfortable about it. My wife said the the place that I went to (Allure) and the fitter was much better and treated us much better then when she took our oldest daughter.

Bob

• Silver Member
Hammer: I think you are right. I have thought about it and it tried once (the store did not do men). Your suggestion about having a female with me at the time is what I will do. Good idea. I can prevail upon one of the ladies here at work who caught me adjusting my bra strap about 2 weeks ago and when she gave me a look I told her "bra strap". With that she said her brother has to wear one for his breasts and  she has been a source of info on life in a support device ever since. It really helps to have a lady who cares and can help. It is just a touch odd to be able to sit down and discuss hunting, fishing and such with her (raised with 5 brothers and is divorced) and be able to switch and talk about bras and breast care.

hammer

Talk about being on level ground! A little guy talk and girl talk all at the same time, nothing wrong with that, lol!

• Silver Member
Sometimes you need to talk to someone more knowledgeable than yourself. Saying "bra strap" could be taken as a joke and laughed at by the both of us but it went in a totally different direction. Every question I have had about my breasts and how to deal with simple things relative to their care and support, my friend has been able to expound on. We all need a source like that, and being single like I am, she has been a God send.

hammer

Sometimes you need to talk to someone more knowledgeable than yourself. Saying "bra strap" could be taken as a joke and laughed at by the both of us but it went in a totally different direction. Every question I have had about my breasts and how to deal with simple things relative to their care and support, my friend has been able to expound on. We all need a source like that, and being single like I am, she has been a God send.

Be sure to let her know that you and other guys that are in need of the understanding and help that she is giving you appreciate her too!

aboywithgirls

Hammer,I can attest to most women being understanding of our situation. I work with an entire shift of female nurses at a hospital. They all know that I wear a bra. Wearing a 38G,its hard to miss. Some of them are envious, some are jealous, some are curious. But they are all understanding.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024