Author Topic: New site  (Read 1785 times)

DW20

Hi
This new look has obviously been designed by young eyes! 
My corrected vision is 20/20 but  as with all older folk my contrast resolution has declined. 
Orange on white especially especially when not in bold is doable but extremely tedious. This alone is a reason that I probably will not persist with this site. 
Posters names  being no different means it is no longer clear where posts begin and end.
At least let the old layout be an option! 
I have been a poster for some years(bronze member) but as previously communicated the early steps of this transition caused me problems. So deleting and reregistering with same user name has now made me look like a newbie.
I now considering leaving again. 
Was anybody invited to be an early implementer or was was this just foisted on us? 
Anyone with significant visual disability is going to find this unusable. 
DW20 

bikerbob

Agreed.  The format is OK but the orange print is hard to read for us old guys.  I can't put my finger on it but the orange is kind of disturbing.  Maybe I just don't like orange.  Can we try it with blue instead?  Thanks.

Offline paulpark21

• Bronze Member
Totally agree with the above.  Coloring of thread headings is terrible - very difficult to read.  Get rid of the orange

And the picture size problem has not been addressed at all. 

Does any one listen - moderators offer no comment.  Seems a waste of money redoing site with no improvement

Offline GeorgeIII

• Posting Member
And the font is tall, narrow, and thin --- yecch! I can compensate a bit by manually stretching and repositioning the messages, but it's still a problem.

As always, I wonder why the techy propeller heads feel a need for something more "elegant" when the old way was working just fine.

Offline MarcoB

• Silver Member
And the font is tall, narrow, and thin --- yecch!
And the avatars are stretched vertically too.

Please make the font black, color code 000000.  The gray and orange are very difficult to read!

Offline MarcoB

• Silver Member
Oh, and one more thing:  Please make it so we can attach pictures in PMs.  (They allow pictures if they're hosted elsewhere, but there's no way to just upload one.)

Offline MarcoB

• Silver Member
Here's another apparent problem:  I was writing a reply, and someone else posted while I was writing, and now it won't let me post mine.  It just gives this message in red: "Warning - while you were typing a new reply has been posted. You may wish to review your post."  So I tried again and again, and I just keep getting the same message.

Offline MarcoB

• Silver Member
I am still unable to post pictures.  I upload a small picture or two, .jpg type, and when I click "Post," it either says "Ok" or it does nothing at all.  It does not post.

Offline paulpark21

• Bronze Member
And the color (gray) of the print is too light to read.  Ditto with the orange, which in itself is a terrible color. If gray was a black as used in these replies, it would be good.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024