Author Topic: Quote from the late actress Jill Clayburgh  (Read 3482 times)

Offline Johndoe1

"Topless is just topless. That's nothing. Why is it OK for men to go topless when some of them have bigger boobs than many women?"
Womanhood is not defined by breasts, and breasts are not indicative of womanhood. - Melissa Fabello

Offline SideSet

She is so right. If I remember correctly, she was not big on top, so I would be one of those men with bigger boobs compared to her. 

aboywithgirls

It's funny. My chest has hardly changed in the last two years. However, it's not only accepted, it's expected that I wear a bra. Two years ago, I could go top less (which I didn't) and nobody could do anything about it, now because I have long hair and wear makeup, I can be arrested?? 

I'm not complaining, our society it full of double standards. 

Confused old man

Just looked her up. Pic of her topless. She is bigger than me. So I can parade around topless all I want😂😂😂😂😂

Offline 42CSurprise!

The difference, of course, is that men aren't nursing infants who develop a fixation on breasts that can very much continue into adolescence and adulthood.  Women become fixated on their own breast development.  Men on the other hand are often drawn to the old T&A, so having the chance to look at voluptuous women in tight sweaters, low-cut blouses providing cleavage or even naked, is the holy grail.  Men's breasts?  Not so much.  Most men would likely avert their eyes. 

What would be strange, would be seeing men wearing two piece bathing suits.  I know such things have been discussed here, with link to products provided... We are a rather unique group of characters... men showing each other what we look like when wearing our favorite brassieres... eliciting compliments and encouragement.  Building a collection of brassieres, and even panties is not the sort of thing most men are sharing with one another.  But we are having fun, right? 

I'll enjoy buying and wearing brassieres but I'll stay out of the sun and away from the beach. 

Confused old man

They say 5-10 % of men wear panties full time. At 5% that’s 1 in 20 men. So every 20 men you see, one is wearing panties. And which one is it?😂😂😂.. so some men talk about their panty wear and bras outside of this site I would assume 😃

Offline SideSet

I wear panties.  Bra would look silly otherwise. 

Offline Rich meier

• Gold Member
of course they have to be matching colors, that should go with out saying

Offline SideSet

Sometimes you can get matching bra and panty sets, but at a minimum, my panties don’t “clash “with my bra 😘

Offline Rich meier

• Gold Member
Sometimes you can get matching bra and panty sets, but at a minimum, my panties don’t “clash “with my bra 😘
doesnt have to be a set as long as the colors match, now both wives would and will any combo. makes me wonder. I always thought women had to have everything matching. i mean they always try to tell you your shirt or tie doesnt match. so why wouldnt bras and panties. thats why i wear what i want and she wears what she wants. and if she ask does this look good or match its yes dear

perky

I have many bras and panties too. 
Is this a good time to confess to being a crossdresser (and a pretty convincing one too).....

Offline SideSet

Offline Evolver

• Gold Member
I have many bras and panties too.
Is this a good time to confess to being a crossdresser (and a pretty convincing one too).....
Discussion about crossdressing is not uncommon on this forum. Sometimes there is debate whether it is appropriate or not. Men crossdress for multiple reasons; it could be a mere technicality because some men genuinely need to wear a bra, or female clothing simply fits them better, or it could just be a fetish, or it could be anything in between. It seems like some people need to technically crossdress to suit their bodies and then become happy with it and explore their horizons despite initial misgivings. Others start with crossdressing then eventually develop breasts. Who cares, I don't! 

Offline 42CSurprise!

I've written this before, but it worth repeating.  I visited a crossdressing site a few years ago and tried to engage with the men there.  Their interest was far reaching, with some men interested in transitioning but most men comfortable as men but with a passion for wearing women's clothes and presenting as women.  When I spoke about gynecomastia and its influence on my choosing to wear a brassiere, there was not much interest.  There were long conversations about breast forms and breast plates but not about real breasts.  Of course I also spent time on websites devoted to increasing breast size and most of the participants were men, only a few of whom were interested in transitioning.  These men simply wanted breasts of their own.

I'm reminded of the story about folks trying to describe an elephant based on what they were touching while blindfolded... a trunk, a leg, a tail, a tusk.  We focus on gynecomastia but there are so many ways we respond to that reality.  I think about wearing a brassiere as crossdressing, but I have NO interest in anything else.  But I do enjoy buying and wearing a brassiere and seeing my breasts held in a well-fitting brassiere gives me pleasure.  I have no interest in becoming a woman, but I'm very happy the elevated estrogen in my body has mellowed me a bit even as its given me breasts.  That is me...
« Last Edit: May 04, 2022, 08:35:48 PM by 42CSuprise! »

GrahamB

It's funny. My chest has hardly changed in the last two years. However, it's not only accepted, it's expected that I wear a bra. Two years ago, I could go top less (which I didn't) and nobody could do anything about it, now because I have long hair and wear makeup, I can be arrested??

I'm not complaining, our society it full of double standards.
Sometime in the mid 1990s I read an Ann Landers quip where she stated, "as a matter of fact the city of New York has a very old statute that allows women, (females), to be topless and unfettered by any decency laws." Interestingly the bathing costume, (swim suit), of the day, even for men, was, (a full coverage), outfit not unlike a leotard with three quarter arms and three quarter legs. *In a culture well known for it's use of double standards this begs the questions Who? How? and Why? was this statute written. AND she stated, (the statute is still viable.)                                Graham

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024