Author Topic: Liquid Bandaids - How safe are they?  (Read 903 times)

Offline PepeTalk12345

Hi everyone, 

The past few days I have been using liquid bandaids on my areolas and they do an amazing job. I have very mild gynecomastia, and the gland is only behind my nipple, hence making it puffy and pointy (which shows through shirts).

With liquid bandaids they stay hard and in-tact all the time, and I only have to re-apply it every 2 days or so. Honestly I am amazed. It helps when I have my shirt off too at the beach.

However, I am not quite sure how safe this is for the skin long term. I heard someone say that they got hyperpigmentation from super glue (I use liquid bandaid, but still). And that scares me.

Have any of you used it? Or know about any long-term effects? I am very surprised and rather happy I found a solution for it, but if it is slowly damaging the skin I would rather stop it.

P.S. I know the best answer is ''just get the surgery''. Sure, that's the best scenario. But considering how expensive surgery is, and how mild my gynecomastia is, I do not think surgery is an option. At least for now, since I do not have the money to begin with. Plus surgery has risks, like any other surgery, and when the problem is very minor at times it's best to leave it as is.

Offline Herbert

• Bronze Member
The third solution is simple. Do nothing.  Not sure how old you are or if you are still in school and have the significant peer pressure and harassment going on. 

Mine poke out all the time. Wear thin moisture wicking shirts at work. Get many looks, mostly from women. Eventually everyone with gynecomastia has to come to terms with the issue. Surgery is definitely an option. Living with it is another and you do not risk any negative outcomes if the surgery does not work.

Wish you the best.

In the older group, no one really cares if you have pokies or bouncing boobs. The younger generation has a lot to look forward to as they get older.

Offline tryingtoaccept

• Silver Member
  • Nothing is impossible, merely expensive.
I agree with you Herbert, the older we get the less people care.  The younger people do get judged a lot more.  I am 48 and I have found the majority of people don’t seem to look or care about my gyne.
Redfox 🦊

Offline PepeTalk12345

The third solution is simple. Do nothing.  Not sure how old you are or if you are still in school and have the significant peer pressure and harassment going on.

Mine poke out all the time. Wear thin moisture wicking shirts at work. Get many looks, mostly from women. Eventually everyone with gynecomastia has to come to terms with the issue. Surgery is definitely an option. Living with it is another and you do not risk any negative outcomes if the surgery does not work.

Wish you the best.

In the older group, no one really cares if you have pokies or bouncing boobs. The younger generation has a lot to look forward to as they get older.

I am 23. There hasn't been any type of harassment or pressure at all, no, but that is probably because I always try to hide it. ''Harassment' as a joke by friends, of course. No one would seriously make fun of it at this age even if they did show. But as I said, I always make sure to hide it. In summer for example I wear an extra undershirt to keep nipples in tact.

I know 'not caring at all' is an option too, but I can't do it honestly. I guess it depends on the person, but I wouldn't like my nipples to visible poke through shirts in public. Will getting looks from randoms affect my life at all? No, not at all. It's all in the head, like a million other things, but I can't just come to terms with it.

In addition to that, I am much into bodybuilding. I have been working out for many years, and I have built a nice chest, minus the puffy nipples. And I don't like when I look down and I see puffy areolas. This is more about me than others.

But due to the fact my gyno is very, very mild, it's only the nipples really. Which means when I am cold, chest looks perfectly fine.

And to my surprise, liquid bandaids seem to be doing gods work. Not visible at all to others, and they keep nipples in tact for up to 2 days. Waterproof too of course. I am just wondering if there are any side effects to the skin long term. If there are, I simply stop doing it. If they are not, that's amazing news.

Offline Herbert

• Bronze Member
A doctor would be best to answer this question. You may have to do a search on the ingredients of the liquid bandaid. Wish you the best. 

Offline FredL

• Silver Member
I looked up liquid bandaid and all I could find was New Skin. That's the solvent-based glue that you put on minor cuts and scrapes to form an artificial scab. Is that what you're putting on your areolas? My nips bug me because they're always hard, but I don't feel like putting that scab material on them would help. I have used it on cuts and it starts to peal up and catch on things easily.

Offline PepeTalk12345

Yes - this is what I am putting.

It is not NewSkin though, this is being sold purely in the US afaik. I live in Europe, so it's another brand. But still it's a liquid bandaid.

It works amazingly for me. I simply get my nipples hard/cold for a minute, and then I apply it. It keeps them in tact for a day, some times a bit more than that if I am careful. I have heard it works for some, it doesn't for others, but for most it does work perfectly fine.

Now the question is whether it's harmful for the skin or not, long term. That is what I am trying to figure out, but there aren't many topics about it on google lol.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024