Author Topic: Gynecomastia Diagnosis  (Read 1178 times)

Offline Crisp871

Hi, new to the site and I think I have Gynecomastia. I’m a 35 year old male and I have been taking finasteride for male pattern hair loss for about a year and a half now. Since I’ve been taking the tablets I’ve noticed my chest grow and it’s been noticed and commented by others too, I’m still quite slim so it can’t be related to weight gain.

My question is how will my doctor diagnose Gynecomastia and is there a link between this and taking finasteride? I have also been experiencing some tenderness in my right testicle and I don’t know whether this is all linked? Would appreciate any input or advice.

Offline Amiga

• Posting Member
There's a known link between Finasteride and gynecomastia. In the absence of other potential causes (pre-existing from puberty, advanced age, obesity -- none of which you have) I imagine they'll consider that and the cause of the testicular pain as the two main culprits and work from there to determine which (or both) is causing your growth. 

Regardless, you've joined an amazing and experienced community that'll hopefully help you through this. Welcome. 

Offline blad

If in doubt, get a medical opinion from a physician familiar with the topic. 
If the bra fits, wear it.

aboywithgirls

As far as a diagnosis goes,  ou will likely be scheduled for an ultrasound. This may or may not be in conjunction with a mammogram (depending upon a manual breast exam). Just be prepared because your doctor may schedule this at a breast care center. I happen to be an office coordinator at a breast care center and it's not uncommon to have men visit our facility. 

Sophie ❤️ 

Offline Moobzie

• Silver Member
Google finasteride and check out articles on medical websites. You’ll see the known correlation to gynecomastia. 
Male pattern baldness is often treated with testosterone suppressants, which is why breast development often occurs. 

Offline Rich meier

• Gold Member
Google finasteride and check out articles on medical websites. You’ll see the known correlation to gynecomastia.
Male pattern baldness is often treated with testosterone suppressants, which is why breast development often occurs.
so is bladder issues , thatwhy i take it

Gino

For me it started with a small hard lump under my nipple, my GP ordered a mammogram the results which confirmed gynecomastia. A couplpe of months later the other breast budded, and they both continued to grow. 

Dudewithboobs

My doctor did a general breast exam and pinch test and ultrasound ordered confirmed breast growth. 

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024