Author Topic: Compression Vest?  (Read 3596 times)

Offline CurseOfTheMammary

Hi there  :)

I've read tons and tons of great info and stories about people having surgery to remove their gyne -  congrats to you all!  I'm not in a position to afford surgery but would like some help in living with my large chest!

I've read about 'compressions vest's' and some have been mentioned for after surgery... I was wondering if any of you wore them before your surgery?

I've seen one which, I think, could be what I need but would like some help/advice before I spend money on it!
Here it is http://www.underworks.com/996.html

Now the things I'd like to know are ;-

1 - how comfy is it to wear?

2 - is the vest easily detected under a tshirt or shirt?

3 - will I be able to wear it in summer under a tshirt without collapsing of heat exhaustion?

4 - what size should I order? (what I mean is, do I order the usual size I'd take in a tshirt or do I go for a smaller size?)

5 - I live inthe UK, so will have to get it shipped to me from the US.... Are there any size differences I should be aware of? and also, I've read that some people have problems with them being delivered here in the UK... Can anyone shed any light on that for me please?

6 - Does anyone from the UK know where I can order/buy one of these vests (the same quality) actually here in the UK?

7 - Do they actually 'disguise' the gyne? Or at least reduce the appearence ... there's no point in me spending money if they are uselss.

Quite a few questions there, sorry guys! lol.

Any help on the vest's .. and also advice from other gyne sufferers on what they do to disguise their gyne, would be VERY much apreciated because this summer I'd like to go out in JUST a tshirt and NOT wear a double pocketed shirt or jacket (and feel like I'm being baked alive lol)!!!

Cheers guys   :)
Damn these titties!

Offline RDS8500

• Posting Member
I can't answer all your questions but I will tell you what I know about this vest.

I have been wearing that same model of vest for 2 weeks now and just ordered 3 more.I ordered the same size that I wear in regular shirts.

It's not uncomfortable at all,though not as comfortable as a regular cotton shirt of the same design.

It can be seen under a white t-shirt but not under one that's colored.

I'm afraid that I don't know much yet about how it will be in the heat of summer.I live in Arkansas and we're just in the process of breaking out of winter.However it was 85 degrees the other day in Hot Springs and I survived with it on.However it is made out of spandex and nylon.Two fabrics that don't breath real well.

It does a good job of hiding the gyne.Now when I look in the mirror when I'm out I don't feel as disgusted with myself.Besides...if I wasn't somewhat happy with it I woundn't have ordered three more.  :)
« Last Edit: February 23, 2005, 06:51:06 PM by RDS8500 »

Offline RRB

• Gold Member
  • I am here to help
I ordered mine from the US and it arrived in scotland in 6 days, no problem
Surgery performed by Mr Paul Levick, 17/02/05. I am here to help.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
There is nothing in your letter to indicate just how large your breasts are. Obviously that does make a difference in how hard it is to conceal them.

Some men cope simply by wearing a tee shirt one size too small.  Though this seems to be less effective as breast size increases.  

Some men have had success with a very plain sport bra. These can be found everywhere and are not expensive; Though it is a bit harder to hide than a vest and somewhat more an embarassment if detected.

Whatever you choose, your selection of outer clothing can be just as important.  Show-through is greatest with white and light colored outer clothing but less an issue with darker colors.  Lightweight fabrics tend to be less concealing than heavier fabrics. Loose outer clothing is less revealing than garments that are closely fitted or tailored.

Some people are of the opinion that stripes or plaids are more concealing than solids. I think depth of color, fabric weight, and loose fit are more important.

Good luck.
Grandpa Dan

Offline atm311

• Bronze Member
  • Lost appeal with insurance...BC/ BS of NJ
I ordered the "t-shirt" style (tank top like) vest from morris designs...I'm very happy with it, and have it on right now.

Its comfy enough to wear 24/7 and not really notice it
I wear t-shirts that aren't white (grey/black/blue mainly) and it is completely undetectable. In the mild heat on hot days in seattle, its no problem, and is made of extremely breathable material, so it doesnt really hold in the heat.

As far as size goes, order your t-shirt size, or for an even more precise measurement, get a measuring tape (the kind they use for sewing and talors and stuff) and measure beneath your arms, over the top of your gyne, and then use that number in inches to match it to the vest size.

Yes, it does really help gyne....I had a problem with my "manboobs" bouncing when I ran, so I had always avoided it...but now I can run all I want and everything is cool....it seriously looks like I have a practically normal chest.

Cheers,
Matt
- Matt

There is hope without surgery....I got REALLY LUCKY.
Stay strong everyone!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024