Author Topic: Compression after surgery!  (Read 2997 times)

Gruff

Hey look i'm sure this has been asked a thousand times before... and I could trawl the boards... but i'm a lazy man!

And I want the latest most up to date advice!

What's the general opinion as to how tight post op bandages should be? As tight as possible, fairly loose and just tight enough to hold everything in the right place? Or somewhere in between?

Your advice would be really appreciated, my last surgery was over 2 years ago and I really just can't remember!

Thanks guys  ;)

Gruff

Offline jersey

• Posting Member
my doc told me tight as possible, without being really  uncomfortable..

Offline rocketrob

• Silver Member
  • GYNO IS A BIATCH!
Agreed with Jersey..... it must be snug but tolerable. Like a thick old shirt 2 sizes to small... haha

Hated wearing mine.....but must be done....

I was able to switch to an Under armour compression shirt after 2 weeks..... again,,, tight but comfy!

Good luck   Rob

DrBermant

Hey look i'm sure this has been asked a thousand times before... and I could trawl the boards... but i'm a lazy man!

And I want the latest most up to date advice!

What's the general opinion as to how tight post op bandages should be? As tight as possible, fairly loose and just tight enough to hold everything in the right place? Or somewhere in between?

Your advice would be really appreciated, my last surgery was over 2 years ago and I really just can't remember!

Thanks guys  ;)

Gruff

I prefer to individualize the timing for both the first stage comprsssion vest and a Stage 2 Compression Vest for each patient depending on their problem to be sculpted, surgical techniques, how they heal, and other factors.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024