Author Topic: HELP! any info!  (Read 7960 times)

Offline help_me87

• Silver Member
  • boobs=gone. nipples=puffy. NO!!!
ok.. here's my story... any advice would help.

im 16, 6'2", 155lbs.... so by all means... not overweight, and never have been... i eat a regular fiet... not high in fat ..

the doc says i have moderate gyne, and did blood tests.... everything came back completely normal.... i went to the endecronologist (sp?) and he told me that it looks bad, but the best thing do to is exercise more??
I have a pretty busy life.... but i go to the gym when i can.. and all that junk..

So basically... everything about my body is normal.. except the look of gyne.......

my sister found out it was bugging me... told my parents.. and they hooked me up with all the appointments...... mom says shell do whatever it takes if it bugs me that much... but i dont really want to bring it up again.. and the articles i read say that lots of doctors dont bother with surgery until you are fully grown?... i think surgery is a last resort too.... so.

... also... there used to be big, painful hard blobs under my nips, but they have gone away for the most part... and my breasts look the same....

no one other than my parents really know i have it... cuse i dont ever take my shirt off... and im not even in P.E this year.....

anyway.... just wondered what your thoughts were... any exercises or diet changes?

your thoughts?
thanks
Surgery Complete!
April 14, 2005

Offline help_me87

• Silver Member
also, ive had it for just over three years... if that helps.

when i look at myself... i see the puffy nipples... and also looks like a bit of a breast... so breast tissue?

one more thing... seems like im growing... because the past month or so.... ive been getting more skin? .hhaha.. i can pinch an inch.. but its not fat... hmm..
thats it.... i think......... haha
« Last Edit: May 18, 2004, 05:40:22 PM by help_me87 »

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
if you're 155 lbs at 6'2 and your endocrinologist is telling you to work out to get rid of gyne, i seriously question the competence of the endocrinologist.  i'd look into second opinions or thirds, but you sure didn't get your money's worth out of the first, he/she's at a loss for clues when it comes to gyne.  

your sis probably did you a favor, and it's great your parents are supportive.  
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Screwgyne

Amen to that Gruff

Offline erase-it

• Posting Member
hey help_me87,

I'm the SAME height/weight as you...  It burns me UP when people tell me to "just exercise more."  Ooh ooh, or how about, "but you're sooo skinny/ it's all in your mind."    Who are these freaks?  To be so dismissive.
I've only decided to have the surgery done now...at age 30.  All of my 20's are gone now, and I wonder why I didn't do it then.  

Look, if you wait for others to come around and see that it bugs you, you may be waiting a long time.  Now I know that you're still a minor, but if the parents don't go for, have the surgery done once you hit 18.  I mean get a credit card/job/whatever.   Don't waste your 20's worrying about it and doing NOTHING (nothing that worked anyway) about it.  Erase that crap!

Offline help_me87

• Silver Member
are there any exercises that can be done? anything to focus mainly on the pecs?

so one lump came back under my right boob... but none on the other side.. so 2 puffy nips... and the rights as painful as when i first got it...

now that summer is here.. its a pain... people are wanting to go to the beach.. and i have to tell them that i hate the beach.. and a movie would be better.... shame.... but i dont want to get too into it.. and get surgery... at least until im done growing... to see if it corrects itself like all the articles say it will... also.. i live in canada... so i think the health plan and all that shit up here will keep costs down.. i dont think money is an issue anyway... my parents would pay

but i think im gunna hit exercise hard and see if it does anything for me.. any other advice?

oh...  does massaging them do anything?

thanks again..

Offline help_me87

• Silver Member
come on guys, what happened to answering, and helping?

heres an update, in case anyone is wondering...

i had another appointment with the doctor to tell him its still bugging me ( after my mom insisted ) and i guess its a go on surgery... i havent heard back from the doctor regarding a consultation with a surgeon... but i guess that call will come some time soon....

again.... is surgery the only option? im kinda worried about scars, and all that inverted nipple stuff...

Offline BAC

• Posting Member
  • what
Working out will not do much if you have real gyne.  
1) The tissue is not fat
2) Even if it was fat, doing lots of chest excersizes will not "turn fat into muscle", because that would be impossible

Just try to keep your body fat % to a minimum, don't do too many chest excersizes or your breasts will stick out more, and most importantly, be patient when it comes to all the appointments and surgery.

Offline zjab58

• Gold Member
  • Edging dangerously close to sanity.
Man I dissagree with BAC. Body fat isn't something that should be "kept to a minimum." Even if you had fatty tissue, You cannot localize fat loss. WOrkingout may actually help to hide gyne somewhat, It did for me when I was your age. But it never went away. If your endo said it wasn't hormonal, then surgery may be your only real option.

Good luck, I wish I were you.

Offline hypo

If the breast tissue is in the proliferation/development phase medication is still a viable option irrespective of any hormone problem.

It is not as successful as surgery but it can be worth trying as it is far cheaper and not invasive.

Steini saw an endocrinologist his results came back as ok and he has been given DHT in order to try and resolve the gyne.

It depends how good the endocrinologist is.  

From what you guys have said here perhaps this one wasn't the best and he might not prescribe anyway.

Surgery or second endo opinion.

Regards,

Offline help_me87

• Silver Member
here we go!

looks like we're on the path to surgery... but i was really disappointed when my mom told me my first consultation with the surgeon is in OCTOBER... ive heard stories about how long people have to wait to get surgery.. but this seems insane..... just for the first meeting...

what happened with you guys and ur PS's? how many visits, what were ur experiences (good and bad)? any advice? questions to ask? how soon after surgery were all bandages off, able to be normal again? work out? how long did bandages stay on? all this because surgery will happen while im at school.. so i dont want to miss too much.. and i dont want anyone to know... so ..

i think im gunna start calling weekly to see if there are any cancellations... my mom told me that any time i can get in.. shell take me...

so it looks like ive got full support from the family... and surgery is a go  ;D .... its just gunna be a LONG time  :'( before it happens...

thanks for the help! keep it up!~

just a little update again... it looks and feels like all the gland from my left side is gone... just puffy nipples... but the right side is still painful and enlarged....... hmm..
« Last Edit: August 12, 2004, 06:28:51 PM by help_me87 »

Offline help_me87

• Silver Member
after waiting what seemed to be a lifetime to see a surgeon, i thought everything would be fixed by christmas. The doc and I talked, and he said he doesn't want to operate, and wants a checkup when I turn 20 to see if it has resolved itself.... refesher - ive had this for about 4 years, and ill be 20 in just over 3 years. My family doctor, that i fully trust, basically said thats bull.. so i have another appointment in a different city with another surgeon... bad part is... its not till January...
Im sick of waiting!... lol.. thought i should keep you all posted... just in case you cared!

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
we do -- but when you've had it about 24 years like me, or 55 like paapaw, maybe it'll help keep things in perspective.  it may suck short-term, but it could also be worse.  consider yourself fortunate.  

Offline help_me87

• Silver Member
 ;D

Im all smiles... had my second appointment -> first of two pre-op appointments this week with the doc and im booked for surgery in one month. He said he isnt booking until sept.. but there was a cancellation... and im in for april!

Excision was going to be fully covered, but we opted for lipo - less scarring, less pain, more even results (ive heard), shorter down time.... when all is said and done it works out to about $3300.. which i feel is money well spent..

Offline help_me87

• Silver Member
ITS DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

24 hrs post op... (lipo)
very minimal pain... not taking any of the pain meds i was given!

unfortunately i have a huge tight bandage on that i have to leave alone for a week.. so i can't see the results until next thursday when i have another appointment.. but everything feels good so far, so im happy!

no nausea like they predicted, and surg went well.
SO HAPPY.  ;D

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024