Author Topic: How long after surgery........?  (Read 14655 times)

Offline MSJ108

I had my surgery in May and I still have scar tissue causing my nips to look distorted. Things are improving as time passes though. The moral of the story is... hang in there all!

Offline cube

• Posting Member
Two months into this shit, no noticable improvement. I'll give it another month and if there is no change I'll consider a secondary surgery. Then I'll be more in debt than I already am, fantastic!!! >:( >:(

Offline april24th2007

• Gold Member
I feel you CUbe.  I'm in debt and need a revision.  Don't know how I;ll afford it.

Offline ITS TIME

• Posting Member
I'm at 2 months and am improving but not anywhere close to my expectation.  I'm going to give it 6 mo.  I can actually feel the swelling and scare tissue and I think that needs to resolve before an honest assessment can be made; I will definitely have revision if I think it will help.  I Hope everyone will keep pressing on - to just settle after surgery would dog you for the rest of your life.

Offline april24th2007

• Gold Member
Its Time - Ho much has the over all shape of your chest changed?  Because after 2 months there should be very little scar tissue and swelling.  Most people are working out in the gym after 6 weeks.  Where did you have your Op?

Offline ITS TIME

• Posting Member
Hey -

Had the surgery in San Francisco w/Dr. Delgado.  My chest has definitely become flatter and more defined but I'm naturally barrell chested so what ever swelling and scar tissue are there accentuates the bottom part of my pec.  Actually from what I've heard from the doc and from a lot of the guys on this site is that it takes about  3-6 mo. for the swelling and S/T to diminish - everyone's different though - but my s/t is definitely still around.

Offline cube

• Posting Member
Its Time - Ho much has the over all shape of your chest changed?  Because after 2 months there should be very little scar tissue and swelling.  Most people are working out in the gym after 6 weeks.  Where did you have your Op?

Yeah, it's been exactly 2 months for me and it looks worse than it did before. I don't know if it's psychological or not but I really feel like it actually looks worse and protrudes even more now... Is that even possible if he removed so much tissue and it was looking so flat up to 3 week after the surgery? I really wish I had taken pics two weeks after the surgery, it looked flawless!! Now it's all huge, i'm still wearing the vest everyday hoping it will help the swelling go down.

Offline ITS TIME

• Posting Member
I hear ya Cube - but from everything I've heard - I'm not going to start stressin/ragin until its been about 6 mo. and I'm still dissatisfied.  The best advice I think I've heard is patience; cause its not like we can do surgery on ourselves.

Offline MSJ108

2 months is nothing. I still had a good amount of scar tissue 2 months post op. You have to wait to see results once you heal.

Offline cube

• Posting Member
I hear ya Cube - but from everything I've heard - I'm not going to start stressin/ragin until its been about 6 mo. and I'm still dissatisfied.  The best advice I think I've heard is patience; cause its not like we can do surgery on ourselves.

Lol, although sometimes I would like too just tear thats shit open and pull it out myself.  :) It helps to hear other peoples perspectives, I appreciate your replies. I'll wait 6 month before I complain.

Offline jimbob1988

• Bronze Member
Merle even said (the person that owns this website) his got WORSE after 3-4 weeks and took a full 3 months-6 months to get back to normal and look better.

Its your bodies natural reaction and its a neccessary evil, im pretty sure most people will be happy with how there surgery turns out you just have to give it up to a year for the full results.

Offline MSJ108

Merle even said (the person that owns this website) his got WORSE after 3-4 weeks and took a full 3 months-6 months to get back to normal and look better.

Its your bodies natural reaction and its a neccessary evil, im pretty sure most people will be happy with how there surgery turns out you just have to give it up to a year for the full results.

Its hard to  be patient. Many people "fear" the results and can't stand the wait. I for one have a nasty band of scar tissue I am losing patience on. I wake up each morning and look at it and go "Damn it! Go away!"  :-\

Offline SportsGuy

Hey everyone,
I'm new here in the forums...
I had gnecomastia surgery about a month ago and I still have scar tissue under my nipple area, causing my chest to look pointy again. I massage it twice everyday but haven't seen any improvements so far. I'm really hoping the scar tissue diminishes within the next couple months!! It's so frustrating, especially since a week post surgery everything looked flat.

I'll just keep hangin in there and hopefully everything will settle down.

Offline MSJ108

Hey everyone,
I'm new here in the forums...
I had gnecomastia surgery about a month ago and I still have scar tissue under my nipple area, causing my chest to look pointy again. I massage it twice everyday but haven't seen any improvements so far. I'm really hoping the scar tissue diminishes within the next couple months!! It's so frustrating, especially since a week post surgery everything looked flat.

I'll just keep hangin in there and hopefully everything will settle down.

I feel your pain brother and I am over 4 months post op!!

Offline cube

• Posting Member
Man I'm in the same boat, I really WANT THE FINAL RESULT!!! I'm working out really hard hoping my nips look good in 6 months time.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024