Author Topic: Going in a depression  (Read 2793 times)

Offline pancakes

• Posting Member
I don't know if depression is the right word for it, but I have been moody lately, especially around my parents. I am suffering from severe gynecomastia (unlike most people here) and have to wear a compression garment. I have been forced to wear a garment for years... At school people used to tell me that I need to wear a bra and some used to ask me if I were a girl...

This was when I was around 14. My man boobs were already large by then and I was also becoming overweight. When I say large, I mean large. My breasts were bigger than some of the girls at school. At home I felt my breasts were hurting and my mother told that it's unnaceptable and happens to girls only...

I wanted to exercise but gyne stopped me from doing it. Since about 4 years I bought a garment and everything changed. My chest was flat, but I had to wear this thing in year round warm weather.... Also very annoying, but I accepted it.

For these 4 years, I didn't do ANY exercise and packed on a tremendous amount of weight until some months ago, I have already lost a lot of weight and people started commenting on it. I go to the gym daily now. Obviously my gyne is looking worse since I lose belly fat and my chest muscles are pushing against the breasts. I only wish I could lose my breasts now... Doctors have told me that I will need extensive surgery to cut the skin and have nipple grafts and will end up with scars looking like I just had cardiac surgery...

It was a shock for me that my chest will be full of scars, but at least my breasts will be gone and maybe laser therapy is an option to remove those scars.

The next problem is the parents.... I'd rather have them help me finance it rather than paying for it myself, which obvious for a young guy like me. But the problem is they don't understand the condition which also adds to my mood swings! Years ago they told me 'its no problem, its because you are overweight and it will go away.' 4 years ago I already knew what it was and just accepted it will go away. Obviously it didn't go away, but got worse.

I told them I need surgery for it but for them it's not neccessary. According to them, it will go away with regular exercise and bench presses. When they told me that I said nothing, because I know from earlier experience that they are very stubborn when it comes to discussing things with me which they feel they know more about.

Just today my father asked me if he could loan my garment to make his belly look smaller since everyone does it these days. I got angry and told him you know i dont use it for that, you are making it sound like a normal thing now.

So here I am... Frustrated with my severe man boobs, forced to wear a garment to the gym and everywhere I go publicly and have no support from my parents since they don't know how it impacts me.

Offline Alchemist

• Gold Member
I don't know if depression is the right word for it, but I have been moody lately, especially around my parents. I am suffering from severe gynecomastia (unlike most people here) and have to wear a compression garment. I have been forced to wear a garment for years... At school people used to tell me that I need to wear a bra and some used to ask me if I were a girl...

This was when I was around 14. My man boobs were already large by then and I was also becoming overweight. When I say large, I mean large. My breasts were bigger than some of the girls at school. At home I felt my breasts were hurting and my mother told that it's unnaceptable and happens to girls only...

I wanted to exercise but gyne stopped me from doing it. Since about 4 years I bought a garment and everything changed. My chest was flat, but I had to wear this thing in year round warm weather.... Also very annoying, but I accepted it.

For these 4 years, I didn't do ANY exercise and packed on a tremendous amount of weight until some months ago, I have already lost a lot of weight and people started commenting on it. I go to the gym daily now. Obviously my gyne is looking worse since I lose belly fat and my chest muscles are pushing against the breasts. I only wish I could lose my breasts now... Doctors have told me that I will need extensive surgery to cut the skin and have nipple grafts and will end up with scars looking like I just had cardiac surgery...

It was a shock for me that my chest will be full of scars, but at least my breasts will be gone and maybe laser therapy is an option to remove those scars.

The next problem is the parents.... I'd rather have them help me finance it rather than paying for it myself, which obvious for a young guy like me. But the problem is they don't understand the condition which also adds to my mood swings! Years ago they told me 'its no problem, its because you are overweight and it will go away.' 4 years ago I already knew what it was and just accepted it will go away. Obviously it didn't go away, but got worse.

I told them I need surgery for it but for them it's not neccessary. According to them, it will go away with regular exercise and bench presses. When they told me that I said nothing, because I know from earlier experience that they are very stubborn when it comes to discussing things with me which they feel they know more about.

Just today my father asked me if he could loan my garment to make his belly look smaller since everyone does it these days. I got angry and told him you know i dont use it for that, you are making it sound like a normal thing now.

So here I am... Frustrated with my severe man boobs, forced to wear a garment to the gym and everywhere I go publicly and have no support from my parents since they don't know how it impacts me.

Hi Pancakes,

Jr high school is hell and high school isn't much better.  Having the largest breasts in the school is a real pain especially for a male.  At your age if good surgery had been available and I had the money I would have had surgery.  Nobody understood and the harassment was horrendous.  However, other events changed that.  I have DD breasts and more or less have had such since some time before 7th grade.  In college I started getting involved in nudist groups.  It was a total change.  I could be entirely "normal" and accepted.  Over time I cleared out the basic body shame standard in at least American culture and many others too it would appear.  It stinks to be part of a culture in which ones body or face can't ever be acceptable for trivial reasons like being on the wrong side of a statistical curve.  Some sizable percentage of men have gynecomastia at some time in their lives.  They each think that they are more or less alone because the others all hide without even questioning the rightness of that.  I questioned the basic beliefs and decided that those harassing me were bullies and that gave me lots of possible responses showing their own body shame and fear back to them.  After receiving a very different response than what they expect they will generally go after easier prey. I need $30,000 worth of plastic surgery to be all scarred up and approximating normal.  My body probably can't tolerate that and I certainly don't have the money. And at 63 I'm sure not going to let some assholes tell me that I have to get a lot of surgery and still never be acceptable.  So if they don't like looking at my body they can look somewhere else. Most people are most concerned with their own fears and problems.  Those who are merely ignorant can be educated.  I have full freedom to do what I want.  I go to swimming pools.  As I prefer to hang with friendly people who accept me I joined a nudist club.  I spend part of the summer there and with everybody nude I'm just another imperfect body amongst hundreds of imperfect bodies.  So you can find your freedom quickly and have fun and a social life while saving up your money for surgery.  Then you truly have the freedom to take the surgical route when it is carefully considered and not done because of your fear of bullies and body phobias.  I decided that I didn't really want to be a "normal" part of such a sick society.  I won't even make the effort to pretend to pass.  I pick my friends carefully.  The people who harass me because of breasts or saggy skin or anything else wouldn't be my friends even if I fixed everything of which they disapprove.  So consider what you are doing, why and for WHOM.  Good luck.  Don't let the bastards wear you down.

Offline canadianmoobs123

• Bronze Member
Your parents are being very ignorant. You are in a tough spot. Start saving up for surgery man. I can see why you say you're depressed, gyne is naturally depressing, a shitty society and ignorant parents just make it worse. Just be strong, save up the money, and go to the gym; don't let those juiceheads get to you.Good luck bro

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024