Author Topic: Had my surgery yesterday  (Read 2386 times)

Offline melvin32

• Posting Member
Well I finally did it. Everything went smooth but I am nervious to take off the vest tomorrow for a shower and see the results. Recovery room nurse said 750cc's total were remove and tissue as well. I have'nt had a chance to talk to the doc yet to see exactly what was done. I'm a little sore, and very constipated from the vicodin, but overall feel good. The lipo and excision were both done through the armpit so no nipple soreness at all. So............

1. What should I expect tomorrow when I remove the vest?
2. Will that be the true result or should I not be surprized just yet?
3. How long is the road to recovery?
4. How often should I ice my chest?

PS, anyone who might be scared of general anestesa(spelling), DON'T BE!!! It was awesome. Talking to the nurse one second then waking up in recovery getting pampered the next. That was my first time being under and all went very smooth.

Offline Fatboyslim

• Bronze Member
    • Running For My Existence
Congratulations! If you're like me, you probably just kept on repeating "I can't believe it's over" over and over again in the recovery room!  ;D I had both lipo and excision 2 weeks ago yesterday so I am just a little bit ahead of you as far as the recovery.

1 I had foam pads under my chest for 1 week so I didn't see the results for 1 week. Very nervous about the reveal but was VERY happy with the results. I had light yellow bruising on most of my chest and some dark purple bruising under the pads but it was about a week later. Mostly gone away now.   
2 Obviously I can't comment but based on what most people say, I expect some skin sagging and wrinkles once the swelling goes down. Most people say it takes about a year for the final results.
3 Not sure what you mean by "recovery".  Pain? Pretty much pain free after 5 days. Exercise? I have already started back to running and light weights. Again no pain. Sleeping? no problem at all after ~day 4-5.
4 I iced my chest for the first ~24 hours and haven't done anything since.   

Offline melvin32

• Posting Member
I did peak under my vest and seen my right peck/nipple is cratered inward when my arm is lifted up but goes to normal when my arm is down. Is this normal? Will that crater go away with healing? Or am I jumping the gun way to early to tell. Thanks

Offline thezombie

• Bronze Member
congrates mate.. get ready to enjoy life now :).. its going to be different now..u r seriosuly gonna love urself.. i mean it.. u will look in the mirror and go .."WOAH!

and the thing u talking about is i think swelling.. it will go down..give it time..:)
====================================================================
My Before and After :
https://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=21866.msg148419#msg148419
====================================================================

Offline JamesDawson

• Bronze Member
Congrats, and theirs no greater feeling than waking up from the surgery and looking down to see your new flat chest ;D

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024