Author Topic: Advise needed for nipple lift.  (Read 1975 times)

Offline 1234james

• Posting Member
Hello, I require a nipple lift and I have seen it is quite popular with woman and I was wondering if it is a similar procedure for men and if it is a simple procedure or if there any complications? 

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Most men do not require a nipple lift.  If your breasts are large and droopy and the nipples are very low, then a variety of possible operative procedures are available.

For the average guy with gyne whose nipples might appear to be low, appropriate gyne surgery oftentimes allows for skin tightening, which can lift the nipples naturally by 1 or 2 centimeters.

Why don't you post some photos of your chest?

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline 1234james

• Posting Member
Dr Jacobs I have already had surgery. Please can you look at my profile and look at my previous posts? I don't know if I need a donut lift or revision for craters with fat grafting to push my nipples out? I am from the uk and I don't think I have a lot of faith in the surgen who I had surgery with to fix my problem

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
I have reviewed some of your photos.  The question is whether you feel your nipples are too low on your chest.  To my perspective, having examined thousands of men's chests, there is a variation in nipple position.  But I don't think that is your real problem.  I think your main problem is residual lax skin and crater deformities -- and that would require revision surgery, Sometimes it is better to have a chest with taut skin and nipples flush with the skin than being concerned that the nipples might be positioned slightly too low on the chest.  On the other hand, if the craters AND the nipple position bother you, then a more extensive operation (with additional scars) might be needed.

I would be pleased to offer an opinion directly to you -- just send me an email at the address below and reference this conversation.

Dr Jacobs

Offline Dr. Schuster

• Supporting Doctors
    • www.CosmeticSurgeryBaltimore.com
No it is definitely not the same. Although it is performed that way by inexperienced gynecomastia surgeon, no one wants to see a vertical scar. Also, you don't want to leave much breast tissue at all, unlike in a lift for women. I use basically two different operations. For milder excess you can have just a peri-areolar skin reduction. For more severe cases I recommend a nipple graft technique. it gives you an additional horizontal scar but leaves you flat.
Dr. Schuster
Chief, Division of Plastic Surgery Northwest Hospital
Private practice in Baltimore, Maryland
10807 Falls Road
Lutherville, Maryland 21093
410-902-9800
email: info@drschuster.com

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024