Author Topic: Hotels in Toronto...  (Read 4671 times)

Offline Tim_Hortons_Coffee

• Bronze Member
  • Chilli Deal
Hey lads,

I have myself in a bit of a bind here. I have surgery booked with Dr Fielding for August 2nd and have just gotten around to trying to book hotels in Toronto for one of their busiest weekends all year. Needless to say, this isn't a very bright idea. The hotel recommended by Fielding's office can give me August 1st and 3rd at the compassionate rate (sleeping in the hospital overnight on the 2nd) but my flight home is booked on the 6th.

I wanted to give myself some time to recover after the surgery, but it turns out this may cost me quite a bit...The Shereton has nothing available for the 4th-6th, the Ratison had a room but it was $289/night since the 4-6 just happen to be some busy tourist weekend for Toronto...So my question to you guys:

Is there anything else? I seem to recall reading on here before tha there are other hotels with compassionate rates, but are there any other places in Toronto with a discounted rate that may be available?

I have really screwed myself on this one and I'll be happy to get any feedback from you lads. I know you're always good with that.

Thanks in advance, and cheers.
May ye' spend half an hour in Heaven before the devil knows you're dead.

Offline politik1

• Posting Member
you can find other hotels in toronto by visiting www.hotels.ca

even try searching for hotels just north of toronto, like north york, richmond hill, markham.. they'll surely be cheaper

good luck

• Bronze Member
  • Chilli Deal
I just also noticed the "Shereton compassionate rate" thread, I probably should have posted there, had some good info.

I am hoping to find a hotel close to St Joseph's and I imagine north Toronto would be a distance away? By my second day post op I imagine I will be able to stomach a longer taxi ride, but I was hoping to not be further than a 10 minute taxi ride from the hospital...maybe that isn't possible at this point.

Offline gynecomaster

• Posting Member
I had my consultation with Fielding last week...I stayed at the Novotel in Mississauga. It was a 15 minute car ride from the hospital. And if you book it on hotels.com, it costs 69.00$ a night (you have to book your room on the website to get this rate). I think I may stay there again for my surgery in September.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
I had my consultation with Fielding last week...I stayed at the Novotel in Mississauga. If you book it on hotels.com, it costs 69.00$ a night

Excellent room rate dude! Where exactly in Mississauga is the Novotel that you stayed at?

I'v heard that hotels.com is great for getting a good rate.

John.

Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline Grandpa Bambu

Is there anything else? I seem to recall reading on here before tha there are other hotels with compassionate rates, but are there any other places in Toronto with a discounted rate that may be available?

I have really screwed myself on this one and I'll be happy to get any feedback from you lads. I know you're always good with that.

THC....

The Four Points Sheraton on Dixie road just north of the 401 in Mississauga has a room rate of $105 a night for the weekend of the 4-6 of August. Let me know if you want the phone number for the Shereton on Dixie. Half an hour drive from St. Josephs....

Or.... as mentioned in a previous post, try hotels.com....

Good Luck!

John.

• Bronze Member
  • Chilli Deal
Hey Grandpa B. I was looking at some rates last night and there seemed to be some decent ones around the Toronto airport . I am flying home bright and early on the 6th so I was thinking it may be wise to get a room near the airport.

I have booked August 1st and 2nd with the Shereton close to St Josephs, they told me I may be able to get the 3rd as well but definitely not the 4th/5th. That $105 rate definitely sounds cheap, but a half hour drive would probably be rather pricey in a cab eh? Is that anywhere near the Pearson airport?

I have no idea where most of these locations are, though I would be happy with anything near St Josephs or Pearson. I'm going to look at listings again tonight, thanks for the info so far guys.

Gynecomaster how was that hotel? Quite basic for $69 I assume? That's definitely a nice rate...keep me posted.

Offline gynecomaster

• Posting Member
The Novotel was actually pretty damn good. One thing I should mention is: they offered me an upgrade for an additional 10$ a night. A king size bed and a walk in shower. Needless to say I took the upgrade. I was MORE than satisfied for 79.00 a night. The whole ordeal with parking costed me 180.00 for 2 nights. It's was really worth the money, and by no means is it dingy or dirty. I've stayed at far worse Hotels for a lot more money. There's a pool, gym, wireless internet, bar etc...I'm sure you won't be using many of these (having surgery n' all) but it is a fairly high quality hotel.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

That $105 rate definitely sounds cheap, but a half hour drive would probably be rather pricey in a cab eh?

Yeah, 1/2 in a cab would cost a bit of coin...

Is that anywhere near the Pearson airport?

Yes, about 10 min by car.

John.

Offline 3cheers

• Posting Member
Check this link. Its a map of Mississauga where the Airport actually is.

http://www.mississauga.ca/ecity/download/?repositoryKey=Ecity&itemDesc=file&dataName=data&mimeTypeName=mimeType&id=4400181

Since you dont know the Greater Toronto Area that well I will shoots some info whick is hopefully helpful.

1. St. Joe is in Toronto right near near the lake and of the QEW (Queen Elizabeth Way)

2. The city of Etobicoke is the next city west of Toronto

3. The city of Mississauga is next city west of Etobicoke.

4. The city of Brampton is north of Mississauga and the Airport

So check hotels in the threes cities above if you cant fing nothing in Toronto.

About getting around - check out the GO Transit, TTC (Toronto Transit Commission) Mississauga Transit. Limousine service(might be cheaper than a taxi, Airport shuttle bus service.

Good luck

3cheers

• Bronze Member
  • Chilli Deal
I have heard that before, that limos are cheaper than taxis in Toronto at times...That's quite amusing.

Thanks for the info and links everyone. I have the four points booked from August 1-3 and I have the 4th and 5th booked for $107/night at the Wyndham Bristol Place by the Toronto airport. I was looking at Bambu's suggested spot along with a few others, but I decided to go with one that was close to the airport.

I'm happy with the rates I got and I'm comfortable with my post op setup now. Thanks again lads.

Cheers.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

I'm happy with the rates I got and I'm comfortable with my post op setup now. Thanks again lads.

Glad to hear that you've got it all sorted out....   :)

John.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024