Author Topic: After surgery  (Read 1372 times)

Offline bigmike

I am big on the gym.  I am getting stronger, and I workout almost every day, but as long as I can remember I have had abnormally sized breasts.  I was wondering that if I saw my doctor, and he said that I indeed had gyno, and I had the surgery done, what would happen to my chest strength?  How long would I be out from the gym? Would I be able to regain my strength and workout after surgery?

Offline Blitz

• Gold Member
  • Thank you Fielding
A lot depends on what your doctor recommends but for the most part, you will be out of the gym for a month.  I think you can go back earlier and do some cardio but I would refrain from doing any chest exercises for at least a month and also gauge how you're feeling.  If your chest is sore, then don't go.  

Your should be back to your usual routine after that.  I had surgery last Wednesday and I'll be back in the gym probably by next week.  When you workout your chest after surgery, it will get bigger and stronger.  Your doctor is not removing muscle.  

Offline JTZ

• Bronze Member
You probably won't be able to do chest for 6-8wks after surgery. Believe me it sucks waiting that long, but the alternative of living w/ gyno is worse.

You'll lose strength initially, but you'll gain it all back within a few months.  

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024