Author Topic: Puffy Nipples after surgery question  (Read 2577 times)

Offline jr34

• Posting Member
This is for anyone who has actually had the surgery and had puffy nipples after. How long was it before they went "normal", if they even did at all? im 3-weeks post op and my doctor says that im healing as if im over a month post op. Im very nutrition/ health conscious so this is probably why. my left nipple is normal(even when its not cold) but the other is puffy. i only had glandular tissue, no liposuction. i wasn't sure if this is due to the nipple still healing or if this is how its gonna be forever

Offline babble

• Posting Member
Hey jr34, I'm about 5 weeks post op, I had glandular tissue removed, no liposuction.  My right side is healing perfectly, but my leftside isn't.  The nipple is puffy, and the scar is hardened and a little raised.   It looks like I'm in the same boat as you.

I've been told by a few people on this board that I may have hypertrophic scar tissue.  I'm not entirely convinced of that, but I am going back to see my PS in two days, and I'll specifically ask what's going on.  I'll be sure to check back in then if I have answers that may help you.

Offline jr34

• Posting Member
alright thanks man, sounds good. i know each side of the body heals at different rates, but the difference is just a little bothersome. i know i still have a few months to heal but we dished out a lot of money for this so im a little concerned.

DrBermant

This is for anyone who has actually had the surgery and had puffy nipples after. How long was it before they went "normal", if they even did at all? im 3-weeks post op and my doctor says that im healing as if im over a month post op. Im very nutrition/ health conscious so this is probably why. my left nipple is normal(even when its not cold) but the other is puffy. i only had glandular tissue, no liposuction. i wasn't sure if this is due to the nipple still healing or if this is how its gonna be forever

Three weeks after surgery is very early.

"Puffy Nipples" is a very vague phrase that means so many different things to different people.   Standardized photographs are one good way of showing contour issues.  Contour problems can be one of residual tissues such as gland left behind, swelling, or just normal firmness of healing tissues that tends to show up during animation.  All healing tissues have some degree of firmness that tends to soften up over time as with any cut.

How tissues evolve after surgery depends on the original problem, surgical technique, skill of the surgeon, how you heal, after care, scar care, compression and other factors best explored with your doctor or someone you see for a second opionion evaluation.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture

Offline Ehm

• Posting Member

Same exact thing is happening to me, I think that you just need to give it some time, wait to see how it ends out.

Some people need at least a year to see satisfactory results.

Man I prefer this "tiny" puffiness over the crap i had before to be honest.

Offline jr34

• Posting Member
really? well good cause all i read about on here is people freaking out because their nipples get puffy after surgery which seems to be common, but  they never post whether it went away or not after some time

Offline wolfman

• keep fighting my friends
my never went away i had to do a second op to fix it and now its perfect
i finally feel like im a man

Offline NoMoreBoobies

• Posting Member
Do you have pictures wolf man?  I"m wondering because I would like to see what the looked like before and after each surgery if you had them.

Offline jr34

• Posting Member
how bad was your initial case wolfman? did you have lipo or just glandular tissue taken out?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024