Author Topic: Do I have gynecomastia? (pictures inside)  (Read 7995 times)

Offline Urlacher54

• Posting Member
I visited my family doctor today and he said I had a mild case of gyno. I told him I've had it since I was 13, and he said I still have a chance for the gyno to go away on its own. He also recommended that i wait until I turn 20 to see if it goes away on its own. If it doesn't, he said the first thing they're going to try is medications. He also said that my gyno could very possibly be caused by too much testosterone. I'm gunna get my get my blood work done to see what exactly is causing it.

Offline rashdudes

• Bronze Member
Taking a look at your left breast photo... I would say yes... can you feel anything like hard bumpy material in your breasts??? Also, GET YOUR HORMONES CHECKED TOO. Make sure your free testosterone levels are at a good level...
Andy

AVG, you have been advising members to get their Hormones checked in a lot of posts.
I am curious if you are making this call after looking at their pictures, or as a rule of thumb?
I mean, would you advise the same to an individual with low BMI (say like 10%) who would post his picture?

Where am i trying to get at? Well, I am not able to loose weight; no matter what i try. I think this
has to do with hormones.

Offline kingboob

Taking a look at your left breast photo... I would say yes... can you feel anything like hard bumpy material in your breasts??? Also, GET YOUR HORMONES CHECKED TOO. Make sure your free testosterone levels are at a good level...
Andy

AVG, you have been advising members to get their Hormones checked in a lot of posts.
I am curious if you are making this call after looking at their pictures, or as a rule of thumb?
I mean, would you advise the same to an individual with low BMI (say like 10%) who would post his picture?

Where am i trying to get at? Well, I am not able to loose weight; no matter what i try. I think this
has to do with hormones.

Hypo-thyroid and low testoserone can make it difficult to lose weight, but you would most likely notice other symptoms as well.

Hormone levels (if wrong) can also cause gyne, as can abuse of certain steriods/drugs, and even some prescription drugs have gyne as a rare side effect.

Guess what he is really trying to say is, it is worth getting things checked out before paying $0000's for surgery, because if in the unlikely event something IS wrong, your boobs could just grow back?

Anyway, 2/10 for the OP..... almost no gyne at all, pretty normal looking chest in fact.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024