Author Topic: 20 y/o advice on telling mom  (Read 5381 times)

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
The posts on this thread have been so great that I am left with nothing to add except that I wish it would happen more often.
Grandpa Dan

Offline mumoft

• Posting Member
From our experience, pediatricians are not  the best source of information or support for gyne.  Find a good family pracitioner, a male hopefully.  If you are 20, it's time to get an adult doctor.  

Offline iceman1460

• Posting Member
I recently decided to talk to my dad about mygyne as ithought he might be able to help me financially.Tellyou wot actually speaking face to face was to hard for me to do.So i wrote everything down and wrote him a letter and leftitnearhisbed. loll
damnot worked well, i amnow going for surgery next week.  never thought id be able to go for the surgery though..

Offline iceman1460

• Posting Member
I really admire your courage to tell you parents. Unfortunately I don’t have that courage im 16 and just cant tell my mom im her only son and i know she will be in a way disappointed in me. Rather then face that conversation I keep it to myself. And my mom complains im wearing wife beaters because she thinks im just trying to hide my fat. And she like complains i wear a shirt to the pool. I don’t even know how id bring it up to her.

Mate i was in a similar situatio to you, i was too scared and felt it disappoint my parants about telling about my gyne, but who said u have to talk to em faceto face.write everything in a letter, explain what gyne is, how it is effecting you in every day life, and how it might be even depressing you. Trust me they wont think ofyou any less. I wrote my old man a letter and told him how much it was affecting me. Hes now paying for my surgery which i am going through on wednessday 23rd.

Offline Mr_Nip

• Had expensive surgery... Now I'm flat busted!

Yes, the video is freeware. Feel free to distribute it as you wish.

The mini documentary was made by Charles Huang. I believe it was a school project of his. Charles did a great job... Thanks Charles!

Thanks.... however, I felt it more important to put aside my personal needs in order to help others.  ;)

John.

I've had a little time to think about Charles Huang's video and I wish a download link could be made available somewhere on this web site.   I know it's on this thread, but once a thread goes deeper into the past it's usually not seen by nearly as many people.  In my humble opinion, this video should be required viewing by everyone touched by gynecomastia.   That includes family members and family doctors.   Sorry if this is perceived by anyone that I'm sticking my nose where it doesn't belong.  I just think that prominent exposure of this video would help a lot of people.  
MR. NIP

I come from nowhere
And you should go there.
Just try it for a while.
The people from nowhere always smile.  -  Frank Zappa

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
I know it's on this thread, but once a thread goes deeper into the past it's usually not seen by nearly as many people.  In my humble opinion, this video should be required viewing by everyone touched by gynecomastia.   That includes family members and family doctors.

No problem Dude.... I'll just put the link in a 'Sticky'.  ;)

John.

Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline Mr_Nip

• Had expensive surgery... Now I'm flat busted!
Bambu, that Rocks!  Thanks.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Bambu, that Rocks!  Thanks.

k

John.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024