Author Topic: My new life starts in Poland NEW PICS ADDED  (Read 8419 times)

Offline isambard

• Bronze Member
Don't worry, you'll be fine! You're in good hands during surgery and you will have your own nurse to look after you all night after the operation. I agree szczecin is a bit unfriendly and heavy but you are about to have life changing surgery that will mark the end to a life-long hindrance. Something that has kept you down and made you feel inadequate for years. Now you will be free of it. Surely you'll be in such high spirits you will be flying over szczecin.

Ask to change rooms when you book back in. In my experience their rooms were always very warm when I went in November.

The "west end" of szczecin is quite nice with handsome stone apartment houses and avenues and roundabouts. (those 3 roundabouts you will pass through on your way to the clinic.) I enjoyed a walk through there on one of my final days. Also the historic town centre closer to the river was an interesting walk. there's also the shopping centres people have mentioned before.

Post before and after pictures when you get back.

Offline f22

• Posting Member
How did it go mate?

Offline Redman_85

• Posting Member
Just got back to my hotel room, surgery done yesterday about 4.15pm. My experience was pretty much exactly like everyone elses on here but I will give my story, for those of you interested heres how my day went...

Jeremy called about 8am, told me he would pick me up about 10.15 for blood tests.  10.15 arrived and went for blood tests in a small local place, nurse had trouble finding a vein, apparently I have small veins?

Jeremy dropped me back at hotel, then had to wait till 2 until he came to get me again and take me for scans.  The place where you get the scans done seems brand new, obviously some private clinic bigger than --.  Then it was straight onto the clinic to meet the consultant surgeon.  She takes you through the usual risks/questions and then you get unchanged, have a quick wee, and go into operating room.  Again, anaethestic had trouble finding a vein, but she did.  Things started to go a bit hazey after that, then I woke up.  Seemed to take me ages to come round though, I kept opening my eyes a little then going back to sleep haha.  I then got wheeled through back to my little recovery room waving at my glands on the way. 

My glands were apparently quite small, but hard too.  Was made nice sandwiches both last night and this morning but I couldnt face a plate full of food at 7am.  Watched F1 qualifying on the tv (glad I did miss that) and then got my bandages changed and saw my chest.  Its definately flat.

So I am here in my room now, feel quite uncomfortable but not in much pain.  Does feel a bit like someone has taken a baseball bat to your chest though.  Can anyone who has had this done tell me how long the tenderness takes to fade? My chest doesnt feel like mine and I cant help walking round with this stupid posture like someone has shoved a rod up my arse!

Offline Redman_85

• Posting Member
Further to my last post, today is saturday, got to lie up today, take my medication, can walk about tomorrow and get my drains removed on Monday.  Havent seen much fluid come out the drains so dont know if this is good/bad.

Offline f22

• Posting Member
Great to hear everything has gone smoothly mate! Bet you're glad it's all done now and your chest is nice and flat... Did you have liposuction as well as the gland removal?

Offline Redman_85

• Posting Member
Yes mate I had the full works. Lipo and gland removal.  Feel a lot more comfortable today than yesterday.  Went for a wander and get something to eat for lunch, get drains out tomorrow then I am home Tuesday. The pain is replaced by this itching sensation that makes you just want to rip your vest off.  Looking forward to getting home and letting the missus look after me for a few weeks. Going to milk it for all its worth!

Offline f22

• Posting Member
So what exactly did your chest look like, you happy?

Offline Redman_85

• Posting Member
Looked a bit bruised but as flat as I could of hoped for.  Just had my drains removed.  Didnt even feel it so dont worry about that bit.  She then pulled my nipples to stop it sticking to the chest muscle, which isn't the most pleasant experience and glad I was high on painkiller at the time.  Then she shows you how to massage, which is quite firm and uncomfortable but I want the best results so I will do it.

Fly home tomorrow, looking back on all this its not a massive big deal.  Obviously some people may have complications and/or feel more/less pain, but for the all the years I have put up with gyno its a very simple solution and I just wish I did it years ago.

I wish you all the best Freddie, when is yours, 2 weeks?

Offline f22

• Posting Member
All sounds smooth sailing :)

Yeah, I'm getting a bit anxious now but I know it's not a huge procedure at all really. My surgery is the 30th, can't wait to just get it over and done with! If you could, please get some pictures up at some point.

Offline Redman_85

• Posting Member
Ive got 2 weeks off work so I will try and get some pictures up at some point.  Just had a shower and first massage session.  Rubbed this healing cream in which they give you.  I am really pleased with the results, I know things will get worse in the short term with swelling, only thing I am not happy about it just how fat my belly looks.  3 mile run a day should soon fix that

Offline Redman_85

• Posting Member
5 days post op now, things going very well. Stopped taking the pain killers as I didn't think I need them anymore. Bruises have come out a little more than 2 days after surgery so I look a little yellow now. 5 days till stitches out then I will ditch the man-corset and invest in something a little more comfortable.

Offline isambard

• Bronze Member
you should post pictures

Offline Redman_85

• Posting Member
10 Days Post Op:  Just had stitches out.  The man-corset has now been retired in favour of an underworks compression vest.  Everything seems to be healing well still.

My left side is a bit less comfortable than the right, slight swelling/fluid means the nipple isnt quite flat. Still a massive improvement over before, interesting as my left side was worse pre-surgery so maybe it took more damage during the procedure.

The right is perfect really.  Also, doesnt feel tough like left side, just normal.

Been massaging maybe 20 mins a day up to now.  But now stitches are out, will leave 2 or 3 days then start with Bio Oil and do a bit more.

Follow link to see my pictures on photobucket:

http:// s1163.photobucket.com/albums/q543/Redman_85/

Password: GYNEFREE

Offline isambard

• Bronze Member
Thanks for uploading pics. Congratulations on the surgery. the results are looking good. you have much less swelling than I had a this stage post op. I wish you well with the post operative recovery.

. It was a nice touch to include the sandwiches. The nurse gave me the exact same breakfast with the same yogurt etc. I remember it fondly.

Offline mart

• Silver Member
Congrats on the surgery mate you made the right choice in having it done. Massaging is key after surgery i did it for around 20 mins a day and didn't suffer with scar tissue much, what i did get went away with massage eventually. The chest can look like it's took a right battering after surgery and it can be a few weeks before it starts to improve. I had swelling mainly on the one side but patience is key the results will come.

I also had an underworks vest it was great for me i wore that during the day and the vest from the clinic during the night it heloed with the swelling and scar tissue for me.

Mart.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024