Author Topic: Worried about BUPA & surgeon  (Read 2195 times)

Offline sickman

• Bronze Member
  • moobs aint cool.
went to my consultation today, he said i didnt need it.. and it wasnt very big, but i urged him to still go ahead. my mum hates the idea. but i can't live like this. PLUS it was COLD in the room so that didnt help much... anyway he said i can book the op anytime. his names Mr Ojo and works for the NHS, however he'll be doing it on BUPA (private). the thing is hes very shortworded. he said i just need two small incisions and a bit of tissue removed. didnt explain any procedures, any lipo, drains, post op etc etc. i also asked him about a compression vest and he said i DIDNT need one post op?? whats that about?? he said it was the 'old method' and giving the chest air, can make it heal better. and this guys supposed to be good... i don't know what to say. i keep telling my mum but she puts her trust into him. he also told me the risks like my nipple may come off, or inverted nipples etc etc. anyway my mums gonna sort out the op on BUPA, currently i am shitting it.

Offline W1NNER

• Posting Member
mate, that PS doesnt sound very compassionate or sympethetic to your condition, its ironic that it was cold when you had your exampination..that always happens to me but never when i'm getting changed at the gym or pile driving a honey! ha ha.. I would get a second opinon as you are parting with your hard earned cash you need a second opinion. Your body is the most precious machine you will ever own, make sure you get it fdone by the best most qualifed PS you have confidence in. Most ops cost around £4000.
Some places do a free consultation such as the harley medicle group although i hear Dr Levick at the priory in Birmingham is one of the best in the UK but obviously location is a big factor but its worth going the extra mile to get the job done right... Dont worry about parents my mum was the same,- waste of money, it doesnt look so bad blah blah bore yawn Zzzzzzz Do it for you, if Gene is stopping you live life to the full get it sorted £4k is a small price to pay in pursuit of happiness.. good luck stay stong and keep positive it will get better..

Offline outertrial

Arent your parents GPs? If so they surely wouldnt begrudge you a second opinion from someone else. At the end of the day its your body no one elses.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024