Author Topic: no feeling in nipples post op  (Read 2353 times)

Offline D24

• Bronze Member
Hi. i had lipo only for gynecomastia 3 weeks ago and still have no feeling in my nipples. When i touch them i cant feel anything. Is this normal or should i see my doc?

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Yes, this is normal...

You need to be patient and allow your body time to heal... 3-6 months at least. Some cases take up to a year to be fully healed... We all heal at different rates...

However, if the numbness persists past the 6 month mark, you may want to consult with your PS at that time...

GB...
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline postiey

• Gold Member
stupi question but does it matter if u loose feeling in ur nipples? do u need to have feeling there? what happens to the feeling then?

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
The only 'stupid' question is the one that isn't asked... ;)

Loosing feeling in your areolas/nipples is a personal issue. Some may be devastated if they lost feeling and others I would suspect, wouldn't be bothered much by it. It all depends on the individual.

I can't think of any reason why it would be necessary to have full sensitivity.

I'm not sure what you mean by "what happens to the feeling then?"

GB...

Offline D24

• Bronze Member
Thanks for the replies guys, I'm not bothered to be honest if I lost all feelin there. I just wondered if it was normal or needed to be mentioned to my doctor.

Offline kingboob

In my experience the sensation in the nipples has never returned....... If I pinch them really hard with my finger nails I can feel pain in some areas but mostly they are completely dull/dead feeling (like the heel of the foot or something) and have been since surgery 18months ago.

However I did have excision not just lipo..... I dunno if that makes a difference or not?  And interestingly I had a tummy tuck and the feelings in the skin around the scar did come back after 9 months or so.

If the nerves are damaged there is nothing that can really be done about it anyway - just wait and see if time will heal things or not.

Offline postiey

• Gold Member
thanks for the replies!
that makes sense to me now!
 i was just thinking it pisses me off now that my nipples are over sensitive. ie looks good or normal i should say when cold etc.
 so not to feel them at all wouldnt be a bad thing. guess u would worry tho after the sugery if this was normal. i have puffy nipples and will need gland removal so good info guys cheers

Offline JamesVH

• Posting Member
I would hope it's normal. I'm at the exact same stage as you (a little over 3 weeks post op) and I have absolutely no sensation. I don't really care that much but I wouldn't mind getting feeling back  ;D

Good luck with your healing!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024