Author Topic: large areola  (Read 2105 times)

Offline lifeloner

hi. I am a 21 year old male. my areola and nipples are is little big (3.2cm)compared to others. my nipples stand out always  even when they are not erect. is this normal. plz answer

Offline jay adams

• Gold Member
Looks like you might have some tissue underneath pushing it out. Kinda hard to tell with the pic. Surgery can make it not poke out and shrink the nipple around 15% or so

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
It appears that you have gynecomastia and from your description (only), possibly puffy nipples as well.

If you try to have surgery simply to make the areolar diameters smaller, you will end up with scars completely around the edge of the areolas.  Frequently, in time, the areola stretches out (sometimes irregularly) and the scars widen as well.  Net effect, no major impact on the areolas and actually some potential deformity.

It would be best if you consulted an expert in gynecomastia surgery.  During gyne surgery, when the tissue is removed, the skin will tighten and the areolar diameter itself will shrink about 15-20%.  Think of a blown up balloon with a circle drawn on it.  when you let some of the air out of the balloon, the circle will shrink.  Same thing happens with the areola.

And if indeed you have puffy nipples, the surgery should be able to correct that as well.

Do your research carefully and find an experienced gyne surgeon.

Good luck!

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Only 3.2cm? In my family that would be a bit smaller than average.
Grandpa Dan

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024