Author Topic: Mr Levick - 03/09/14  (Read 11183 times)

Offline freedom1987

• Bronze Member
Hi everyone.

My name is Aly, Im 26, 17 stone wide and 6ft4" tall.

This thread will document my progression with daily updates, any comments, tips and support is welcome!

So my time has come, the other side is only 2 days away.

Had my consultation with Mr Levick on August the 12th.
My surgery is this wednesday!  :o

Excited but nervous at the same time, not actually sure of what im nervous of if im honest.. maybe the fear of being in pain (which ive been told many times, there is very little).

Was overweight during my teenage years / early 20's. Ive been aware of my chest for 10+ years.

I joined a gym nearly 3 years ago with the same goal as almost everyone who joins, lose weight + gain muscle. Having a couple of friends who have been training for 7+ years, one being a PT as a job made learning to lift alot easier than it is for an average joe.
Now i feel im ready to have my chest sorted, by no means am i near where i want to be in terms of physique but im getting there, i dwarf the average human when i stand next to them. :P

Will be posting my Before shots shortly. Stopped training a week ago, already feel rubbish n looking softer than usual :(

Offline freedom1987

• Bronze Member

Offline freedom1987

• Bronze Member
T-shirt befores:

Offline Pdc41

• Posting Member
Aly,

This time last week I was in your spot (I will get round to posting pics etc), so know how your feeling, although I have to admit a lot of pre  nerves and thought long and hard about backing out

Re Levick and the hospital, firstly all I can say is first class, you have nothing to worry about here.

Re tips, I think all the other posters are more experienced and further than me, but I can say is was from my point a fair amount of discomfort the first few days so take it easy, I felt fine the following morning, but as the day went on I got worn out, same the following days. But each day gets better in terms of freeer movement and less soreness, plus I found walking helpful. A week later however the binder and brushing still bad, and feel I have had a good kick in the ribs

Binder is painful but find wearing over a t shirts stops the rubing so much...not sure if recommended pratise.

In terms of result looking at your pictures I would say I was the same level if that's a help. I have lived with it for years and hid as best I could and got used to dressing that way, but to date the results are amazing

I still have the next phases to go ( I assume swelling etc) but currently if it stays the same and the soreness goes, I am impressed with the results. I did have a wobble and worry it could and may come out worse, and felt a little down and nervous the following few days, but each day I feel more and more happy with my decision

Hope that helps and feel free to ask me anything.

good luck and say hello to dr levik for me, he really is good and take is time on the day answering anything you still want to know or have concerns on

Offline freedom1987

• Bronze Member
Taxi booked for 7:30 feeling a little nervous if I'm honest!

Offline FlatAsAPancake

• Bronze Member
Don't be! You're in great hands. In 24 hours it'll all be over and done with... For the rest of your life you'll be Gyne free... I'm envious of you and I wish I could have my surgery quicker!

Have you got to arrive at 8am?
« Last Edit: September 03, 2014, 08:01:16 AM by Jakeh »

Offline AchillesUK

• Silver Member
Good luck for tomorrow.

Offline qazwsxedcrfvtgb

• Posting Member
« Last Edit: February 10, 2015, 10:13:08 AM by qazwsxedcrfvtgb »

Offline freedom1987

• Bronze Member
Well that's me Day 1 post op:

Throat is a little sore from the op
underarms a little sore but I think it's the binder digging into me.
Finding movement OK, strong core from my gym training so keeping up without the use of arms / chest isn't too bad.
Most painful part of this experience was watching England vs Norway lastnight.
+ no wifi in this room!!! Outraged tbh :P

Nurses and everyone is really nice, always arrive pretty quick when called.

Showed up at 7:30 on the day, was in my room by 8 and prepping for surgery within 45 mins, went really quickly. The GA was ok, felt like ice running through my left arm, then I felt drunk then I woke up in another room. Born into the other side!

Taken my pills just now, breakfast is shortly then should get discharged mid morning.

Offline freedom1987

• Bronze Member
Not seen my burger shots yet, Paul did say yesterday that they were a lot bigger than he expected but everything turned out really well. Should get to see them today!

Offline freedom1987

• Bronze Member
Don't be! You're in great hands. In 24 hours it'll all be over and done with... For the rest of your life you'll be Gyne free... I'm envious of you and I wish I could have my surgery quicker!

Have you got to arrive at 8am?

Yeah arrive for 8, you can drink water untill about 7 because you don't go under till like 9am earliest. Best asking them to be sure. I would of been dieing if I hadn't drank since 6 lol.

had these leg pumps on for 16 hours and the nurse has forgotten to put them back on, such a massive relief!!! Hopefully they just leave them off, Mr L said they were pointless and that I should try asking the nurse to leave them off. She made me keep them on unfortunately :(

Offline freedom1987

• Bronze Member
Pain was a major question for me before this, for anyone with similar concerns..

The only thing gving me any bother is this binder digging into my side, chest isn't sore n the cuts don't seem to be sore either.
My movement is limited but it's actually the binder, I have felt a slight pulling sensation on my chest from over stretching but it was not painful in the slightest.

I was pretty scared / uneasy to move untill recently, it's been the binder this whole time and I shouldn't have been so worried.

Offline freedom1987

• Bronze Member

Burgers up guys :P

300 ML fat left -- 300 ML fat right
144 Gram left --- 148 Gram right

Gonna have some lunch then catch a movie I think, nice relaxing day before we fly home.

Offline AchillesUK

• Silver Member
Awesome, congrats! I still need to dig up the numbers on my burger shots...

Flying home? Where have you come from?

Yep get plenty of relaxation in. I didnt have any pain either, part of it could be that the nerves are all destroyed!

Offline freedom1987

• Bronze Member
Flying to Edinburgh tomorrow, 45 minute flight or 6 hours in train for almost the same price.

My right nipple bled a little today, put some of the bandage they give you on top with the binder pressing it down.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024