Author Topic: Consult with Fielding  (Read 3356 times)

Offline MRD

• Gold Member
Just had my consult with Fielding finally. Surgery booked for march 28. Price 1500$ + GST.  It was pretty quick, looked at my chest said yeah you have gynecomastia...went over some basics of the operation, etc.  I could have booked it for march 7th, but i decided to make it near the end of march to have extra time to lose some weight and get in better shape. He said right now its about 3/4 fatty tissue and 1/4 gland.

I also told him im not really telling any friends or family about getting this done, and if i would need someone to sign me out of the hospital. And he said yes it is necessary, otherwise i would have to stay overnight. I really dont want to tell any friends/family im getting this done, don't know what to do right now. Im thinking maybe its a good idea to stay overnight, if a hematoma or anything happens on that day i will already be in a hospital. So maybe its a good idea to stay overnight.   Any thoughts on this?

Maybe i'll pay some random guy 20$ in the hospital to come sign me out saying hes my friend, LOL. :D

Also here's my gyne pics incase you guys are wondering.
http://img63.imageshack.us/img63/6852/gyne1gb8.jpg
http://img63.imageshack.us/img63/4639/gyne2dt3.jpg
« Last Edit: February 09, 2007, 03:32:41 PM by MRD »

Offline supaaman

• Silver Member
Congrats,

You'll be good to go by summer!  I stayed in the hospital overnight.  I was glad I did because they pump you with IV fluids and you feel great.  bring your own food though... they have very little food and what they do have is slop.

I wouldn't worry about telling a close family member though.  I was reluctant, but it's not a big deal at all.  Kind of a relief actually.

Best of Luck!
JCF  Success Story - Surgery Aug 23, 2006

Offline MRD

• Gold Member
Im thinking about it and i think staying overnight at the hospital wouldnt be such a bad idea. There's a chance of complications happening on the 1st day right, might as well be at the hospital.
You don't get charged extra for staying overnight do you?

Offline alexgon

• Posting Member
man, you family will find out unless you dont come home for 2 weeks lol. and what about when its all done? they will see the difference.
i was really shy about it also, but i told my older brother first then my mom and they were fine with it.surprised that i had gone ahead with surgery but it was nothing.

Offline MRD

• Gold Member
I rent my own apartment while i go to school here.

Offline loman1

• Posting Member
I didn't tell anyone, but on the way to the airport I wished I had.  But I'm pretty sure I was charged for the overnight stay.

Staying at the hospital is no big deal.  Depending on what time you wake up from the anaesthesia, you have some dinner, and watch hours of comedy central or a canucks/leafs/whoever game.  Plus the nurses check you almost every hour to see if hematoma is developing. If you don't stay at the hospital then you have to be aware of it yourself. 

Offline MRD

• Gold Member
Maybe you were charged if you were not from ontario? You said on your way to the airport...i assume youre from outside of ontario. Would an overnight stay at the hospital be covered by OHIP? I just dont think i want anyone to know im having this operation, and if i asked someone to sign me out i would have to tell them why i was at the hospital..

Offline MRD

• Gold Member
Going in for a 2nd appointment with Fielding on Monday, i think to pay for the surgery and sign some stuff. The secretary said to be prepared to be there up to an hour and a half...not sure why so long.

Surgery about 1 month away now. Decided to get in shape over the month and lose a few pounds. So far im pretty decided that im going to stay overnight at the hospital and not have someone sign me out...i just think it wont hurt to stay after a surgery for a while, no rush.

Offline willy27

• Bronze Member
I made my appointment with Fielding for May 29th. He said I could do the entire opperation awake and I will be able to leave the night of, without staying overnite

Offline MRD

• Gold Member
Yeah i asked Fielding about local anasthesia and being awake, but he told me if i have had general in the past and no allergic reaction to it that he prefers his patient to be asleep.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024