Author Topic: Dr. Lista's brand new technique  (Read 6815 times)

Offline theguy

• Posting Member
Has anybody had surgery with Dr. Lista?  He has some new technique using liposuction and a really long skinny pair of scissors.  Apparently, he first does lipo from an incision in the armpit and sticks the scissors through the same hole and cuts the glandular tissue.  Then he has another tool similar to a prong and goes in the same incision and pulls the gland tissue out.  If anybody has had this type of surgery done or knows about someone who has, please let me know.  Thanks.

Offline phantom

• Gold Member
Hello theguy

What you describe sounds exactly the same as the same technique the Mr Levick does at The Priory Hospital in Birmingham, England.

When I went to see him at my initial consultation he said that first he makes a small stab wound near the armpit and works the cannula back and forth to remove excess fat tissue.  Following this he goes in with long/narrow surgical scissors to cut the glandular tissue away from the back of the nipple.  He then removes the scissors and goes in with a pair of tendon retrievers to pull the glandular tissue out.

He has used this technique on many patients for quite a while now (not sure how long) and believe the procedure was first used in the UK on himself (he himself the patient!) by a colleague from Los Angeles a number of years ago.

He uses this procedure (from the armpit) because it is less invasive and leave less external scare tissue behind that is generally out of normal sight anyway.

I am due to have this very procedure in January 20th :o

Hope that helps.

Offline phantom

• Gold Member
Oh and to answer your question theguy...

Go to the UK section of the forum because at least half the guys here in the UK and Ireland use Mr Levick (it's 'Mr' because he is a consultant plastic surgeon which apparently supersedes 'Dr').

If you scroll through the threads in the UK, there are quite a few asking about Mr Levick's work.  Or just private message any of the guys that have used him - as I will have post 20th Jan.

Offline theguy

• Posting Member
Thanks for the heads up.  Good luck with you're surgery and let me know how it goes.  Oh yeah, how much does he charge if you don't mind me asking?

Offline phantom

• Gold Member
The initial consultation is £80 and the total cost of surgery is £3,655.  This is inclusive of all fees and surgery garuentee which means if any revision surgery is needed it is provided at no additional cost.

He's expensive, but I don't think there is anyone more experienced for the job.  Also given he used to have gynaecomastia himself and had the surgery for himself he really is on our side :)

Offline phantom

• Gold Member
Oh, I will be writing in the sugery experience section soon after 20th Jan.  Just look out for 'Mr Levick' in the title.

Offline nukem2k5

• Breasts belong on women!
My surgeon made incisions in my armpits and did all the work through there (lipo + glad excision).
Reborn on May 24, 2005
Surgery Cost: $4,040
Dr. David Metzner - New Orleans, LA
My Photos
Two Years Post-Op Photos

Offline phantom

• Gold Member
And an excellent jon your surgeon did too nukem2k5!

Offline phantom

• Gold Member

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Has anybody had surgery with Dr. Lista?  He has some new technique using liposuction and a really long skinny pair of scissors.

Not exactly 'Brand New'....  Dr. Lista has been using the PAL (Power Assisted Liposuction) for five years.

John.
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline nowchase

• Bronze Member
    • "Me vs. My Breast"
As far as I know, as me say this... since I interviewed him myself... THE END RESULT IS ALMOST SAME!  The only difference is you can take shower next day, and no incision.  Some people are willing to spend extra $4000 + taxes to get it done for that... personally I am happy with fielding because I am a student.

Yes, you can get it done faster with with Dr. Lista and faster recovery time.  However, in the end both result are barely noticable when compared side by side.

That's just my opinion.
Free Documentary "Me vs. My Breast"
http://individual.utoronto.ca/charlesh/documentary

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...

Offline Gasman

I know this posting is somewhat late but I think it is relevant and serves to indicate that the "starstruck" need to keep their feet firmly on the ground. Mr Levick is alleged to have claimed this procedure was carried out on him by a colleague from the United States. If the colleague to whom he refers was Frederick W Grazer, the surgeon credited with starting liposuction, who operated on him at Bromsgrove Private Hospital then very simply gynecomastia was not carried out at all but only simple liposuction using a 3.5mm cannuale. The procedure was carried out under local anaesthetic and when completed a reston sponge was used to cover the area and a pressure garment applied. The same day Mr Grazer carried out liposuction on two other doctors who also worked at the Bromsgrove Private Hospital but no gynaecomastia. Mr Grazer was a friend of the Hospital's director who had invited him to the UK to demonstrate current liposuction techniques.

Hello theguy

What you describe sounds exactly the same as the same technique the Mr Levick does at The Priory Hospital in Birmingham, England.

When I went to see him at my initial consultation he said that first he makes a small stab wound near the armpit and works the cannula back and forth to remove excess fat tissue.  Following this he goes in with long/narrow surgical scissors to cut the glandular tissue away from the back of the nipple.  He then removes the scissors and goes in with a pair of tendon retrievers to pull the glandular tissue out.

He has used this technique on many patients for quite a while now (not sure how long) and believe the procedure was first used in the UK on himself (he himself the patient!) by a colleague from Los Angeles a number of years ago.

He uses this procedure (from the armpit) because it is less invasive and leave less external scare tissue behind that is generally out of normal sight anyway.

I am due to have this very procedure in January 20th :o

Hope that helps.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024