Author Topic: follow up appointment-9 months post op  (Read 3735 times)

Offline stupidgyne

• Posting Member
well I'm 9 months post op and my right nip is doing just fine. but my left nip is a different story. Although it's not as severe as it used to be a few months ago, it still folds inward when i make a muscle. so i set up an appointmet with my doctor to see whats going on with my nip and what my options are. and thats my question to you guys...what are my options here. Should I go for a revision or should i try cortazone shots or just wait and see what he has to say...or do i even have any options? any feed back would be greatly appreciated.
but i gotta say it is kind of dissapointing. its getting to be that time a year where people are going swimming, and i was realy hoping to finaly be apart of it....you know be normal.

thanks all

Offline nukem2k5

• Breasts belong on women!
Only thing you can really do is listen to what he has to say since he's there in person and is a professional.  Hopefully someone else has more input than me, but I think all you can really do is wait discuss it with your doc.
Reborn on May 24, 2005
Surgery Cost: $4,040
Dr. David Metzner - New Orleans, LA
My Photos
Two Years Post-Op Photos

Offline rcbrown23

I'd say post some pics while your "making a muscle" and get some opinions from us.

Offline Spleen

I've heardthat's a pretty common after effect.  Makes sense since there's less tissue behind the nipple all of a sudden.  Go see a PS, but be prepared if it's an unreversable complication.  If you have an overall improvement that's still pretty cool.

Offline vaio

• Gyne free, is the way to be!
Its because he took too much fat out. Over time , if you massage it, it should get better.
$2,800 = Freedom!

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/vaiomanfree/album?.dir=7e36&.src=ph&am p;store=&prodid=&.done=http%3a//pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/vaiomanfree/my_photos

Offline stupidgyne

• Posting Member
thanks for the replies guys.
yeah I'm just kind of waiting now. If it there is nothing i can do about it than im just going to join a gym and try that route.  maybe thatll help fill it out more, but hopefuly in another year itll be ok...or at least some resemblance of ok. I would post some pics but my digital camera is all screwed up. as soon as i get some time (and money) to fix it or get a new one, posting pics will be the first thing i do.
This sucks, but in all honesty it was all a big gamble. I took my chances and lady luck pissed in my eye.

Offline rcbrown23

Nah, I think your expectations were just a little too high.

I'd have to disagree. Many people have the op and it turns out just fine. My expectations are that exactly. I'm not expecting anything more or less than a perfectly normal chest, and I think that is reasonable.

I agree that there was probably too much tissue taken out and when you flex, the nipple is sticking to the peck muscle and causing the nipple it fold a little. I also agree with viao...workout your chest and massage the area often and over time I'll bet it will fix itself.

-Good luck

Offline jc71

• Wilma, grab the lotion, we're going to the beach!
I'd wait and see what the dr has to say.  Cortazone shots?  Well, if he thinks it'll help.  I think you should explore all your non revision surgery options.  

Hey, maybe inquire about Dr. Bermant's "Dynamic fat-injection technique."  

I'm not making that up, i'm serious.  He does revision work from other PS's who took out too much.  Maybe he can help.

Offline stupidgyne

• Posting Member
thanks again for the replies everyone :)

I totaly agree with you rcbrown, my expectations were just that: normal. not brad pitt normal, just normal. and yes i'm going to exhaust every possible option before i decide to go under the knife again (which is why I started this topic). but i'll let you all know what the doctor says and keep you updated.

thanks everyone

DrBermant

I'd wait and see what the dr has to say.  Cortazone shots?  Well, if he thinks it'll help.  I think you should explore all your non revision surgery options.  

Hey, maybe inquire about Dr. Bermant's "Dynamic fat-injection technique."  

I'm not making that up, i'm serious.  He does revision work from other PS's who took out too much.  Maybe he can help.

I have no such technique.  I have evolved a Dynamic Technique that sometimes may use my Fat Flaps.  Flaps are moved to nearby regions, not injected.

Please see:

http://www.gynecomastia.org/cgi-bin/gyne_yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=14;action=display;num=1112534601;start=0#0

to learn more.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture

Offline vaio

• Gyne free, is the way to be!
Your expectations coming out of surgery should be a flatter, better looking chest.

Not a picture perfect one.

Offline jc71

• Wilma, grab the lotion, we're going to the beach!
Fat flaps, very interesting.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024