Author Topic: Lipo only 2 weeks post op no improvement  (Read 4975 times)

Offline mrbigboobs

• Posting Member
Hey I had surgery exactly 2 weeks ago with a board certified plastic surgeon. I am 22 and have been slim my entire life with mild gynecomastia. In the initial consultation he mentioned that my gynecomastia problem was the cause of soft fatty tissue that he can just suck out and that my areola is not puffy because of the gland itself as he seemed to think that there was no gland behind the nipple itself. I believed him and since I would deal with less complication I went along with it. Surgery day comes and initially right after surgery I was very pleased with the result because even though I was a little swollen I had an almost flat chest and when i pushed down it just felt like fluid build up.

Now I'm freaking out because the results 2 weeks later after all the bruising has left me and I seem perfectly healed I look EXACTLY the same pre-op. I mean no improvement. I want to believe it's swelling but it's just the same as before, it even feels the same with a numbness feeling to go with it. Now I want to be optimistic that I will go back to day 1 pre op but reading this site I feel everyone has seen at least some result after 2 weeks. I'm just afraid I didn't heal right and I never will. I waited 3 days and I drank a beer also and smoked a little bit of pot like 4 grams max in the subsequent week (I wont again). I know it's still early to determine results but If I look and feel fine..even the incision site looks completely healed..  ???

Offline xelnaga13

Way too early to make any determination. Your boozing and pot smoking did not ruin your results.

If you are less than thrilled with your lipo only results, you are in good company. Once a week someone posts something similar.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
'Lipo only' procedures often do not provide satisfactory results.

However, give it at least 6 months for your chest to completely heal. If at that time you are unhappy with the results, consult with your surgeon...

All the best...

GB...
« Last Edit: September 26, 2012, 08:42:25 AM by Grandpa Bambu »
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline mrnomoobs

• Posting Member
I had Lipo only and I am STOKED!!!!  Quit whining and start being patient.  My chest swollen up after a couple of days, but 4 weeks later I look and feel great.  I still have a while to go to get my full results.  I am super happy!  My case was severe.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

I had Lipo only and I am STOKED!!!!  I am super happy!

Awesome!!! 

Glad to hear that your Lipo only procedure gave you satisfactory results...

GB...

Offline mrbigboobs

• Posting Member
Entering week 3 now and I'm a slight bigger than I was pre-op. I don't think it's a good sign that the swelling is getting worse. Hopefully I will start seeing improvement week 4. I just can't stop thinking about it. I wanna look good already and get on with my life.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

I just can't stop thinking about it. I wanna look good already and get on with my life.

Patience my friend... PATIENCE!!!

GB...

Offline mrnomoobs

• Posting Member
Entering week 3 now and I'm a slight bigger than I was pre-op. I don't think it's a good sign that the swelling is getting worse. Hopefully I will start seeing improvement week 4. I just can't stop thinking about it. I wanna look good already and get on with my life.

Take some Tylenol to reduce the swelling.  I am going into week 5, still have numbness and minor swelling.

Offline mrbigboobs

• Posting Member
Ok now i'm 3 days away from 1 month post op and I still look like pre-op. Not a good sign i'm thinking. Actually it still hurts and it comes in waves. I haven't been wearing my compression vest since my PS told to me take it off one week after surgery. I'm thinking that since my case was so mild, i'm not seeing results as fast as someone with a severe case. My chest looked good after the surgery so I should be optimistic..I go in for my post op pics in 3 weeks, i'm guessing I'll see my results then.

Offline wbw0124

• Posting Member
To the women buy a Tights Leggings consideration main factor is put on the leggings can lose weight or not. At present there are many leggings brand and a variety of styles, how to choose a suitable leggings is a difficult thingfor many women. Advice is: choose those international well-known brand of Leggings. at least they have quality guarantee.

Offline anoroc

• Posting Member
I hope in the end you have good results.  I think swelling is so different for people.  For me the first two weeks were the biggest and than on week three I could see a huge differnce.

Offline mrbigboobs

• Posting Member
I'm 5 weeks post op now. Very discouraged because I still don't see results and I go in for photo op in less than 10 days. I'm confused tho because I looked good after surgery and swelling should of subsided enough to show me something of a change but NOPE.

Offline DrPensler

• Supporting Doctors
    • gynecomastiachicago
In 99.9% of my patients some,usually a substantial amount,of glandular resection is necessary.Even in patients who turn out to have the majority of the tissue being adipose a small areolar incision is performed to reduce residual glandular tissue.
Jay M. Pensler,M.D.
680 North Lake Shore Drive
suite 1125
Chicago,Illinois 60611
(312) 642-7777
http://www.gynecomastiachicago.com

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024