Author Topic: lipo success rate for reducing breast size  (Read 6013 times)

Offline w497k

• Posting Member
hi,

I'm getting it done on monday, just wondering i have puffy nipples and large breast altho my case is mild in both and less so in the nipples.

just wondering is the lipo generally successful in reducing the fullness of the breast, most complaints about surgeries here come about the nipples, to be honest its the fullness of the breast rather than the bit of puff (there not tto bad) in the nipple that bothers me,

if my surgeon got them half as puffy but was able reduce the fullness of the breast i'd be very happy

thanks

DrBermant

hi,

I'm getting it done on monday, just wondering i have puffy nipples and large breast altho my case is mild in both and less so in the nipples.

just wondering is the lipo generally successful in reducing the fullness of the breast, most complaints about surgeries here come about the nipples, to be honest its the fullness of the breast rather than the bit of puff (there not tto bad) in the nipple that bothers me,

if my surgeon got them half as puffy but was able reduce the fullness of the breast i'd be very happy

thanks

"Puffy Nipples" is a common public term for gynecomastia.  

The problem is the the term puffy nipples is a phrase that mean so many different things to so many different people.  Words just do not convey the actual problem very well - images do a little better, but still are not the same as an actual in office evaluation with your doctor.

Putting up pictures (using standard views before and after surgery) is one way to discuss what the problem was before surgery and what has happened.   Options depend on what is really going on.

Let us try to look what I mean by the problem of the words only descriptions.  "Large nips", "puffy nipples," "puffed nipples,"  and "puffy nips" are a common terms many give to a problem that extends to the region about the areola.   The nipple is actually the central raised structure inside the pigmented areola.

"Puffed nipples" can be a problem for some that involves long nipples above the areola where nipple reduction alone helps.

"Puffy Nipps" can be a problem behind the areola that can take many forms.  The deformity is usually a varying combination of fat and gland.  The gland can be firm or soft, spread through fat, or be a condensed mass.  There is a thin muscle under the areola skin that can flatten tissue when stimulated. Unfortunately it is impractical to keep stimulating these muscles.

In many of these patients with "puffy nipples," there was no firm tissue under the areola, just fat and soft gland.  Here is one example of puffy nipples in a muscular male.  Here is another example of   puffed nipples.  Here is another patient with puffy nipple gynecomastia.

"Puffy Nipples" can also be a combination of gynecomastia and big nipples.

I prefer my Dynamic Technique that adapts to the problem found during surgery to minimize such issues as residual deformity after surgery.

It does not take much to disturb the cut look of someone with a low body fat % such as a bodybuilder and I have sculpted many.  Bodybuilding can help with fat and muscles, but will not help with gland and you cannot pick where the fat comes from.  My bodybuilding patients typically tell me that what is on top of the muscle gets pushed out further in making bigger muscles.  

You can find some examples of pictures before and after gynecomastia surgery

Here - Gyno and BodyBuilding

Puffy Nipples and Bodybuilding

Here - Gynecomastia and BodyBuilding

Here - Gynecomastia Treatment

and

Here - Gynecomastia BodyBuilding.

I would suggest looking beyond each link's first page at all of the views for each patient to better understand the difference in the look before / after surgery.  There are other examples of lean patients, but thought this would be a good start.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture

Offline jack9

• Bronze Member
If I were you, I would only get it done by a doctor who did both lipo and excision. I had lipo only.  My nips were small and flat. My doctor told me that it looked like lipo only but he would only know when surgery was performed. If I needed excision he would do both--otherwise he wouldn't take the case. I am totally flat now but that is because I had no glandular tissue. If you have gland and don't remove it your not going to like the results.

Offline w497k

• Posting Member
I am getting the excision and lipo but it’s the fullness of the breast rather than the puffy nipples bother me more to be honest

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024