Author Topic: Mr Levick - 8th April 2015  (Read 10889 times)

Offline wbay21

• Bronze Member
I've just had a total nipple emergency!

See all the above pics and then compare to this one, my nipples were actually scabs and one fell off this morning revealing ACTUAL nipple underneath.  ;D
I'm assuming that the scabbing was formed by compression forcing the bruised blood and other gunk through the nipples... I obviously don't pay enough attention but seriously,  I thought they were just a bit dried and numb due to the operation... LOL!

Offline wbay21

• Bronze Member
Blimey, what a difference a week makes. Glad it's going well. You're going to have a great Summer :)

Thanks  :)

rotors

« Last Edit: December 29, 2015, 12:11:55 PM by rotors »

Offline LAL4Life

• Posting Member
Is it true that Dr. Levick is gonna retire soon?

Offline wbay21

• Bronze Member
Is it true that Dr. Levick is gonna retire soon?

He is. He said it's going to be in "a few months or so" and that he's got a replacement. I'd call their office or email them directly if you have any questions and get the facts from him and his office. They're really nice and helpful.

Contact details are on paullevick DOT co DOT uk

Offline mart356

• Posting Member
I heard his retirement will be in october, which has pushed forward my plans to have surgery with him.

Offline wbay21

• Bronze Member
I heard his retirement will be in october, which has pushed forward my plans to have surgery with him.

I'm glad you are committing to it. My regret is not doing the revision with Mr Levick sooner.

Offline mart356

• Posting Member

I'm glad you are committing to it. My regret is not doing the revision with Mr Levick sooner.

Thanks, there are many reasons for me not too and many obstacles to hurdle, but at the end of the day I cant go on living every single day with it being as big a problem as it is. Im terrified of surgery but long term goals outweigh that. Consultation on the 19th!

Offline wbay21

• Bronze Member
Ok so it's now 29 days post op and I am feeling fine. The bruising has all but gone and I feel like I have full range of movement..I can actually stretch without pain, just that comfortable feeling you get when stretching so you know you are stretching.

My compression regime is as follows (for the last few days):
During day until bedtime I wear the SPANX compression vest. At night I wear the Veronique #640.

Last week Mr Levick suggested that I could try no compression during the day and wear compression when asleep but I have applied a bit more compression than recommended. As I paid £4335 or so for the operation there is no way I'm going to under do the compression (not that his suggestion was to under do, just me being paranoid). I'm glad I did more as the revelation a few posts back of leaky, scabby nipples is all that gunk leaving my body. Over this last few days the gunk has continued to leak in very tiny but noticeable quantities to the point that I wore plasters over my nipples!

Anyway, that seems to have reduced and as it's casual day at work tomorrow I'm going in with no compression at all and see how it goes. I will still use compression at night until Mr Levick confirms I no longer need to.

As for the results, I'm really happy. The photo makes me look like I've got wonky nipples but that's just the angle it was taken at and me twisting to face the camera. Numbness is present around the general area, pressure sensitivity exists though.

Offline BossManG

• Silver Member
hey looking really good mate

rotors

« Last Edit: December 29, 2015, 12:12:26 PM by rotors »

Offline wbay21

• Bronze Member
I looked at those Spanx vests after you'd put up the link, I really wish I'd gone for them or at least the full body Veronique version, I find it annoying and I reckon you've got to be quite slim to make it look good. An all torso style with short sleeves is definitely the way to go.
It's too late now though after having spent a fortune on the two recommended vests.

Do they give as much compression as the Veroniques do ?

I've got a couple of creases in the skin but there must have been a fair lot of slack to take up, I guess it's just a matter of time and with exercise it'll shrink and smooth out.

I think if I went back in time and was slimmer I'd go for the full torso Veronique version. The Spanx is good but it doesn't provide the same compression as the Veronique #640 - about half or 2/3's I'd say. But it did fit me and it did help around the armpits where the #640 just didn't apply any compression at all. So in terms of coverage, yeah it helped.

I still have creases (just a couple around the nipples) and agree with your summary of them.

Offline wbay21

• Bronze Member
Hi all - post op 38 days now and just received some advice from Mr Levick.
As you can probably see I have a scab over the left nipple that feels quite embedded, Mr Levick assures me that will sort itself out. 
I was quite surprised when Mr Levick pointed out that I still have swelling, I thought it was all sorted. Mr Levick says that it will just take time and I should be all sorted in a week or too if I continue my compression regime.. so that is what I will do! 

Offline wbay21

• Bronze Member
Post op 47 days (6 weeks 5 days) and the latest photo is attached. You can see the scarring from my NHS op thirty years ago but that is fading well and the colouration sorts itself out usually. Swelling wise, things seems to have really calmed down now after going back to full compression. 
Mr Levick has said that I can see how it goes now so the plan is to have compression in the evenings and nights but daytime... I'm flying to Spain and off to the beach! Woohoo! 

rotors

« Last Edit: December 29, 2015, 12:12:45 PM by rotors »

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024