Author Topic: Is this true?  (Read 5657 times)

Offline Spleen

Nice!  Way to go man.

Offline Blarneystoner

• Gyne sucks
hahhaha thanks spleen.

BTW my mom is a nurse and she told me it felt (i know it's weird she felt it but whatever its my mom) like it was swelled up with blood (I have some pretty raunchy bruises forming).
« Last Edit: May 10, 2005, 05:24:00 PM by Blarneystoner »
Please, Jesus, make my gyne go away!

Offline toronto

• Silver Member
  • Gyne Free since April 27, 2005
be this a warning to all reading

USE COMPRESSION AFTER SURGERY

hahhaha thanks spleen.

BTW my mom is a nurse and she told me it felt (i know it's weird she felt it but whatever its my mom) like it was swelled up with blood (I have some pretty raunchy bruises forming).

Offline Blarneystoner

• Gyne sucks
so im guessing a compression vest just SPEEDS up recovery? i hope it's not completley necessary. the only thing that worrys me is that the swelling which my mom said felt like blood, feels extremley similar to the pre op puffyness

Offline jonQ

• Gold Member
  • wish it was gone ... bye - bye
thats mor elike it dude!good luck...
had the surgery done,now i'm gynecomastia-less

Offline Blarneystoner

• Gyne sucks
Hey good news. the swelling is starting to go down in my left nip. And you're not gonna believe this. A tiny slice of my incision didn't close completley and when i got out of the shower it was open and redish black goop was coming out. I woke my parents up and my mom (who's a nurse) said it wasn't a big deal and I patched it up with some neosporin and a tight bandaid. It's looking good now. So my left nipple (though still swelled which I hope will subside) is looking a lot better I think because of this little incident. I think some of the "goop" that was making it swelled came out. Hopefully the rest will be absorbed into my body with time.

The right side still looks like shit though. But, If the left side swelling is going down I am comfident that the right side will eventually also. Please wish me luck!

BTW I'm 2 weeks post op tomorrow.

Offline STILLgotIT

• Gold Member
  • Finally gyne-free
I agree with toronto that this is a perfect example of why a compression vest should be used.

a compression vest not only keeps your tissues nice and tight to promote healing, but it also keeps your incision stitched much more easily.

unless you were out doing the shot put you would not have had the incision open up if you were wearing the compression vest.

good luck, blarney.

ps. the black goop thing doesn't sound too promising. you might want to call the doc and tell him about it.

Offline Blarneystoner

• Gyne sucks
it's cool don't worry. I'm pretty sure it was old blood. My mom said it would be ok. The slit closed also, and is healing nicely.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024