Author Topic: My Story  (Read 4342 times)

This is the first time i have ever spoken about gynecomastia, to anyone. Looking at the pictures on this website, i quickly came to realise that my gynecomastia is pretty minor. I tried to ignore it, after all - my condition is nothing compared to what other people have to live with. It didn't work, it simply could not be ignored. Every time i'd look in the bathroom mirror, i'd see it - staring back at me. Gynecomastia has greatly restricted my life so far. Much the same as other people here; I do not go swimming, I do not remove my shirt in public. I don't know how other people here have reacted, but when i started to learn that it wasn't curable without surgery, I felt angry. Driven by that anger, I began to lift weights. I had a false hope, that perhaps it was caused by lack of testosterone, and that if i were to weight lift enough - it would leave. It did not. Now I am 15 years old, and have had it for a while. I cannot remember specificly, but i believe it to be in the region of 1.5-2 years. I know that it leaves teenagers in most cases, but some nagging voice in the back of my mind is telling me it won't. I know that most of you have it worse than me and I applaud your bravery, but i can't help feeling like ****. I have not told a soul about my problem, you are the only people i've opened up to.

I hope you all have luck with whatever you do, be it surgery or just living with it. You are all brave people.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
You are all brave people.

Welcome to the club my man!

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
minor is relative, it doesn't have the right to mess up your life or make you unhappy.  welcome to the site. 
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline jc71

• Wilma, grab the lotion, we're going to the beach!
If it makes you feel any better, everyone on this site can relate to your story   (not taking your shirt off, not swimming, lifting weights). You are not alone.

Offline normexcept

• Bronze Member
Way to open up, dude.  It's hard at first but it gets easier to share with others especially here where everyone understands what you feel.  Keep posting.  We'll listen.

Norm

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024