Author Topic: Taking Someone with you on surgery day?????  (Read 2819 times)

Offline haroldbishop

• Posting Member
Hi.
 I have my surgery next week (excision only). I am coming from interstate for this.
No one except my gf knows about this and due to a work emergency she can't make it.

I guess I am wondering how groggy people feel afetr surg? I will have to get to hotel ( taxi) post op and fly the next evening.

Any thoughts?

Also, does anyone know of a good place to stay near the clinic?
Has anyone stayed overnight in the clinic?

DrBermant

Hi.
 I have my surgery next week (excision only). I am coming from interstate for this.
No one except my gf knows about this and due to a work emergency she can't make it.

I guess I am wondering how groggy people feel afetr surg? I will have to get to hotel ( taxi) post op and fly the next evening.

Any thoughts?

Also, does anyone know of a good place to stay near the clinic?
Has anyone stayed overnight in the clinic?

Standard of care for an Accredited Surgery Center does not permit a groggy patient to be discharged by themselves. This is not just a USA issue, but what I have seen world wide when evaluating other centers. A responsible adult must accompany such an individual. If any clinic did discharge such patients in that condition, the next thought should be what is their complication rate, are they accredited, and does their accrediting agency know what they are doing?  Options include having a family member or friend, hiring a nurse or aide, or doing the surgery in a center that keeps patients until they are no longer sedated.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction
« Last Edit: March 10, 2010, 05:59:14 PM by DrBermant »

Offline haroldbishop

• Posting Member
Thanks for replying mate, that helps.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024