Author Topic: Had my surgery in INDIA  (Read 4996 times)

Offline whoami

I work in Bangalore. My native is Madurai. I had this gyne for my childhood which I believe is the most severe one compared to other gyne sizes >:(. During my schooldays, I thought like proper dieting would reduce it. But it didn't since there is not spot reduction. During my college days, I came to know that surgery was the only option.

I came to know about this site last January and I consulted one of the surgeon named Dr.Anantheswar in Bangalore whom I know from this site.I planned to have my surgery in Bangalore from Manipal Hospital. But before having the surgery, I thought of having an opinion from my doctor Dr. Athigaman. He was our family kinda doctor.

He looked into it for the first time and he told me that he had done the same kind of surgery a lot since he was a practicing as a house surgeon. He tole me the procedure. Looked alike the same told by Anantheswar, Manipal Hospital.

Now I had a choice of doing it in Bangalore or in Madurai. So I preferred Madurai since I know him for a long time and he is in the field for like 25 years.

Finally, I had my surgery in TamilNadu (Madurai) in India. I had my surgery in Abban Hospital Madurai. Surgeon was Dr. Athigaman. He is an excellent surgeon. And the co-surgeon Dr.Kamaludeen from Abban Hospital took part in it. Abban Hospital had a A/C executive room where I had it. It costs me total of 20k including executive room for 4 days.

Even many had their surgeries with him from various places. Since Madurai is not a metropolitan city like Bangalore, many didn't aware of him. I have the privilege to mention him here.

Mine was something like this <see attachment> [pic is taken from gyne website].

I was admitted on Apr 2nd 2010 Friday evening. Had my surgery on Saturday 6:00 AM. It was a one hour surgery. Came back to room at 8:00 AM. I had a good sleep due to the Ana.injection and I can sit at 7:00 PM. Since I was on leave for a week, I was rested well for 2 days in hospital itself.

On Monday, I was discharged from hospital. I went to his private clinic just to change my dressing once in 2/3 days. My left chest had no drain attached but my right had it. He removed the drain on Friday -yesterday. Now I will have my complete dressing removed on this Sunday.

For guys in Southern India, His private clinic : Avvai Poly Clinic, Madurai.
It was a small one. Just to consult with him, you can visit him here. However you can have the surgery in a well sophisticated place.

Visiting hours : 6:30 PM to 9 PM all days. In the remaining time, he goes through Medical college and Govt. Hospital Mdu.

If you are interested talking to him, let me know.

I will try to post my post op pic soon.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2010, 12:08:08 PM by whoami »

Offline fighter

• Bronze Member
congrats dude ! is it  surgery Liposuction or liposuction + Gland excision surgery ?20 k ! i think this amount is lowest is in all over india .this Dr. Athigaman is plastic surgeon or general surgeon ?? please post your post operation pics .

Again congrats
FIGHTER

Offline biggyno

• Posting Member
it just looks like cheap publicity for the doctor.. surgery cannot be so cheap.. and people need to be very carefull abou cosmetic surgery..coz whats done cannot be done

Offline whoami

Hi All,

I got my dressing removed on Monday Morning. Mine is a little interesting one. My left chest had a lot of fat tissue when compared to the right. So the right one went a easy way with one opening at the bottom of the nipple and another for the drain at the side of my chest. But the left one had three openings, 1 at the bottom of the nipple, 1 with tube at the bottom and the last at the sides.

Now the left chest is getting healed with the help of the Neospirin powder to conceal the skin due to stiches. I will post my post OP pics on Sunday.

My doctor told me that wearing compression vest is not required since it doesn't make much a difference. But I feel like wearing one because when I bend down, I can see a lot of loose skin bulging out. I have ordered for the same too.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2010, 08:04:26 AM by whoami »

Offline whoami

@fighter  8)
Thanks! Its not a liposuction. Its the same method like Dr. Anantheswar from Manipal Hospital,Bangalore told. i.e an opening will be made at the bottom of the nipple and the excessive fatty one will be removed and a stitch will be made for that opening and there will be an small 1mm diameter opening at the side for the drain. I don't know the technical name of this method.

Also,he is not a plastic surgeon. He is a general surgeon.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2010, 08:41:34 AM by whoami »

Offline whoami

@biggyno  ???

I appreciate your concern.

Normally, a hospital fee would be more than the surgery fee. Hospital charge of Apollo/Manipal Hospital would cost more because of its renowned name. Second of all, the guy who did the operation is not a plastic surgeon and he is a general surgeon and I know him for years. It would be difficult for any one to know a doctor from a non-metropolitan city. I am not saying that I did my surgery in Madurai for the money factor.
 Its because of

a) I know him for years. He knew me from when I was 1 year old.
b) He is not a money oriented guy. He will tell the pros and cons of the surgery.
c) I am familiar with the city.
d) I had people and family whom can take care of me in that city.
e) I am in need of a more decent hospital which he demanded the newly built small hospital ABBAN hospital in madurai with A/C deluxe rooms.

The only risk I have taken is that he is not a plastic surgeon.

Its not a popularity thread. Let me post the post OP pic and you guys decide because you might have seen a lot of operations from this site. I am happy with the right one. But my left one is stitched a lot. Lets see how it looks after it heals up.

I am just sharing my experience. All I am saying is that if you like the work of this doctor, you can call him and have the surgery even at APOLLO HOSPITAL,MADURAI at 50k for your personal satisfaction. I liked the work of Dr. Anantheswar, Manipal Hospital which I came to know from various threads, but I had my surgery here in Madurai only for the above reasons.

« Last Edit: April 14, 2010, 08:40:53 AM by whoami »

Offline biggyno

• Posting Member
Dear friend.. i dont mean.. to offend you.. but u urself said.. he is not a plastic surgeon.. he is just a general physician.. and by ur words he is not qualified.. and for god sake.. the lates high tech instruments used during liposuction.. and inscion.. cannotbe done by a normal general surgeon.. coz.. he .. is.. not trained in that particular field.. and in capital:

Gynecomastia is treated as cosmetic a.k.a plastic surgery..

its not fever or head ache to be treated by a General physician

Offline fighter

• Bronze Member
dude !!post your post Op picz

thanks in aDvance

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024