Author Topic: Surgeons in Montreal?  (Read 4784 times)

Offline mtl99

• Posting Member
Hi, some really good posts on this board. I'm thinking of getting the surgery and I looks to me like Dr. Fielding has the best feedback--can anyone post his website? I would like to make an appointment for a consultation.

Also, if anyone can recommend someone in Montreal who has the same reputation as Dr. Fielding that would be great!

Offline brebguy

• Silver Member
  • Montrealer
hey there... Dr Fielding doesnt have a website unfortunately but he is very good.
if you want to book an appointment here are his contact infos :

J. Craig Fielding,  M.D.,  F.R.C.S. (C)
Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
2425 Bloor Street West  
Suite 401
Toronto , Ontario  
M6S 4W4
Tel : 416.766.8890
as for surgeons in Montreal i havent heard of any that had his reputation, that's why i'm going all the way to TO.

the ones i know are not as good as what i heard for Fielding :

you have
Dr Bernier
Dr. Zelt

i have a few more at home, i can send you the info later tonight if you want. Dr Bernier uses ultrasonic lipo that Fielding doesn't recommend (i notice its a procedure that a lot of doctors do not recommend actually)
and Dr. Zelt never replied to my emails so i figured it wasnt worth going further...

besides costs are pretty much equivalent (even when you have to travel) : 2675 for a moderate-sever case for lipo and excision + travel and hotel..

so good luck my friend

good luck man
« Last Edit: July 01, 2006, 09:35:03 PM by brebguy »
surgery did not work...:-(
Dr. Fielding (TO - Ontario : 416.766.8890) on august 9th, 2006 and revision on september 21st, 2007

Offline G-Man99

• Silver Member
hey there... Dr Fielding doesnt have a website unfortunately but he is very good.
if you want to book an appointment here are his contact infos :

2425 Bloor Street West  
Suite 401
Toronto , Ontario  
M6S 4W4

as for surgeons in Montreal i havent heard of any that had his reputation, that's why i'm going all the way to TO.

the ones i know are not as good as what i heard for Fielding :

you have
Dr Bernier
Dr. Zelt

i have a few more at home, i can send you the info later tonight if you want. Dr Bernier uses ultrasonic lipo that Fielding doesn't recommend (i notice its a procedure that a lot of doctors do not recommend actually)
and Dr. Zelt never replied to my emails so i figured it wasnt worth going further...

besides costs are pretty much equivalent (even when you have to travel) : 2675 for a moderate-sever case for lipo and excision + travel and hotel..

so good luck my friend

good luck man

So, if I'm 25 and I'm living in Quebec I can have a surgery for 2675$ + hotel and transport with Dr Fielding?

I thought it would be more expensive since I'm not an Ontario resident.

Offline brebguy

• Silver Member
  • Montrealer
well usual cost for Fielding are about 1200$-1600 which are the costs for lipo (lipo is not covered by Ontario insurance)

so the only thing you have to pay and that ontario residents dont, is the excision which comes up to about 1000$ or something like that.

St-Joseph Hospital (which is where you get surgery with Fielding) told me they would charge RAMQ (Quebec insurance) for hospital stay fees, leaving costs for excision and lipo.

so yep... around 2500 + hotel and transportation (not sure about the consultation fee : 75$)

it is seriously not that bad... i think when you consider Fielding's experience and the surgeons in MOntreal's experience. its a definite win situation with Fielding.

even though i should wait to actually get surgery with Fielding to talk, i am just really confident.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2006, 09:35:54 PM by brebguy »

Offline MRD

• Gold Member
I thought it was excision that is covered by ontario health insurance and not the lipo??? OR is it other way around?

Anywho, if i am a student in ontario ( i heard Fielding provided a student discount before) with a mild case of gyne (mainly puffy nipples)...how much can i expect the price to be?

I heard the price is less if it is a milder case. I will most likely need excision and maybe a little bit of lipo.

Scheduling an appointment with Fielding when i come back from vacation but if anyone knows what the price would be with my case please let me know.

Thanks

Offline BCGUY

• Bronze Member
Excision is covered by the Province Not Lipo. I had my consultation with Fielding on the 12th of June and My price was 1200 for the Lip part of the operation. I am getting the love handles done at the same time so this increased the price ($3200) due to the extra fees charged by the hospital (an extra hour in the operating room) and the lipo fee fielding charges. I have a somewhat mild case that is why I am only getting charged 1200 for the gyne part. If you are a student and have a mild case... I would expect you to pay around 1080. Hope this helps.

Offline MRD

• Gold Member
Thanks a lot for the info BCGUY :D

That is really great news, i thought for sure the price would be somewhere in the 1500-1600 range. To know that it might be just over a grand is really good to know ;)

I also heard that after the op someone has to come and sign you out of the hospital because they rather that you not go home by yourself?
Does anyone know if this is absolutely necessary?....because i wouldnt be really telling anyone close that im having this done or even my friends...so i'd rather just take a cab home or something.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2006, 10:20:48 AM by MRD »

Offline G-Man99

• Silver Member
How can I schedule a consultation with Dr Fielding? Do you have any phone number or e-mail? And how long can it take for the first consultation if I contact his staff next week?

Thanks

PS: Are you sure about the Quebec resident fees because I heard it was more like 5 000$.  I think I have glandular gyne so does that mean excision plus lipo?

Offline MRD

• Gold Member

2425 Bloor Street West

Suite 401

Toronto , Ontario

M6S 4W4

Tel : 416.766.8890

Offline brebguy

• Silver Member
  • Montrealer
ya sorry about that... i meant excision is covered and lipo is not... oups...

as for the price for a QC resident, i am positive about it since thats what i'm paying and i live in montreal. other surgeons charge up to 5000$ like Lista in Toronto.
Dr Bernier in Montreal charges 3500$ but its lipo only (ultra-sonic lipo or something like that).

Dr. Zelt charged 4500 i think.

getting an appointment can take up to a few weeks... i was lucky and got mine the week before but the next available date was in august or something like that...

i would suggest you talk to him... its worth it. but fielding told me that he usually performed lipo and excision on patients with a glandular problem.

« Last Edit: July 01, 2006, 09:42:47 PM by brebguy »

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024