Author Topic: Pre and Post Op Guide/Tips?!  (Read 4178 times)

Offline Chodel

• Silver Member
  • Défectuosité toujours
hello people

i will be having the op very soon as was wondering if anyone either knew of (not sure how to locate it on search function) or had any tips on what is needed to be prepared for when going to the hospital.

So far i will obviously be taking the Arnica tablets and making sure i take plenty of Vitamin C.  I have my compression vest ready and waiting. 

I have heard people mention its worth taknig shirt that button up to minmise the need for lifting arms above head height which i thought was useful.

What else can those who are post-op offer in the way of advice for preperation?? is there a list anywhere?

i will also probably get some of that stuff that helps disolve medical glue for when its time to remove the bandages.

thanks

/ramble off

Offline Johnny Wishbone

• Posting Member
Nintendo DS / PSP or a selection of reading material.  You are sorted on the Arnica front already, so no need to mention that.  Honestly you've done all the mental preparation already, the actual procedure is very straightforward. As soon as I woke up on the table I was perky and felt fine.  I had no pain or discomfort and my movement was not particularly restricted.  It was nice to slob around in my boxers and compression vest for a couple of days but when it came to going home I had no trouble getting dressed or carrying my heavy bag.

You've done the hard part in putting up with the condition, now you've started the new chapter - enjoy it!

Offline Chodel

• Silver Member
  • Défectuosité toujours

Offline outertrial

Nintendo DS / PSP or a selection of reading material.  You are sorted on the Arnica front already, so no need to mention that.  Honestly you've done all the mental preparation already, the actual procedure is very straightforward. As soon as I woke up on the table I was perky and felt fine.  I had no pain or discomfort and my movement was not particularly restricted.  It was nice to slob around in my boxers and compression vest for a couple of days but when it came to going home I had no trouble getting dressed or carrying my heavy bag.

You've done the hard part in putting up with the condition, now you've started the new chapter - enjoy it!

x1

Offline Johnny Wishbone

• Posting Member

Offline outertrial

bodyshame

have a word with yourselves lads  ::) ;)

Offline Bigdom

• Silver Member
I think Johnny covered it really.  I just had a T-shirt, good to start stretching etc asap as gets you moving and things flowing. 

For balance, i've had major back surgery before, they got me out of bed the next day so i could start to recover, now that was an interesting experience!!

Evidently, if your bored on post op day, your well on the road to recovery.  Even with my PSP, a laptop, the other half and reading material i was bored sh!tless as was just stuck indoors not doing what i really wanted to do.  I was back driving on day 3, now day 12 and hopefully seems fine and on the road to a gyne free life!

As for medical glue (it's just tape like micropore or equivalent), comes off with soap or you could use surgical spirit, but your need a shower by then anyway....  Get some E45 anti-itch cream or the hydrocortisone one (the first is in most supermarkets, the later in Boots), obviously the imflammation depends on how you react, should be cleared in a couple of days tops.

As Johnny said, you've done hard bit, this bits easy.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024