Author Topic: Going with Karidis.  (Read 2646 times)

Offline fffuuugyno

• Posting Member
Hi all,

Another summer without swimming / beach time has pushed me into finally being 100% on getting surgery.

Im planning to get it done around November time with Dr. Karidis (would get it sooner but for lack of cash / not wanting an uncomfortable compression vest on in 36 degrees Spanish heat :D)

Just a few questions (sorry if they've been asked a million times before :()
1. Obviously I will be flying in from Spain for the surgery, will I need to book a hotel for a night / few nights after surgery or will I be mobile enough to fly back the day of surgery?
2. How long do you need to wear the compression garment for?
3. How long before you can shower (without the garment obviously:))
4. Post-op are there any items I should have to aid the healing (I think someone in a thread mentioned some sort of lotion)

Feels great to know next summer I'll be completely free to do / wear what I want  ;D

Thanks in advance for any help / info :)

Offline somedude999

• Silver Member
Hi mate, just a thought but have you looked into surgery with Benito as he is in Barcelona I believe so would be easier for you.

Offline Whiff

• Bronze Member
definitely book a hotel for a night you'll be having general anesthetic so you don't want to be travelling all that way after that. From memory you can shower after 48 hours. You wear the compression vest for about 2 weeks and then at night a week or so after that ( they'll tell you). He'll give you some arnica tablets which is for the bruising and you can get an arnica cream to be honest though I didn't bother with either and it wasn't too bad.  I would book at least a week off work if you have a manual job at least 2 weeks. It does take a lot  out of you and I was very tired for the first week and sore for a long time after that. Don't expect to be down the gym doing chest work for at least 6 weeks.

Offline 2fast2furious

• Posting Member
Hi, I totally understand how you must feel. Coming from a hot country it must not be easy for you to keep hiding underneath your clothes!

answers to your questions

1. As everyone reacts to the anesthetic differently its hard to say. have you had general anesthetic before? I would recommend at least 1 to 2 nights stay after surgery so the anesthetic has worn off completely and that you can get the dressings changed 24 hours after surgery by the hospital.

2. The compression vest should be worn 24/7 for two weeks. should only be taken off for short amount of time for shower etc, and for an additional 2 weeks afters for 12 hours either during the day or at night. total of 4 weeks. they give you a extra compression vest so you can alternate.

3. You can have a shower around 24 hours after surgery. at this point it is recommended to change the dressings/ plasters etc at the same time.

4.post op you will be given painkillers and antibiotics, pain killers are there to use if you need them. For the first couple of weeks post op you are give Arnica tablets to take to help your healing and you are told to eat plenty or pineapple or drink pineapple juice to further aid this and also prevent scar tissue. Only after two weeks you can start massaging bio oil or Arnica cream into the chest area.

Hope this has been useful and not sure if all this is correct all off the top of my head.

I had surgery end of last month, i am currently 12 days post op and am healing well. You will not regret having the gyne removed by Karidis, he good enough to deserve international recognition for sure.

If you heal nicely and work out You will defo be ready for summer 2011! Good luck with getting it all sorted

Offline 2fast2furious

• Posting Member
Whiff you beat me to it :p

how long has it been post up with Karidis and how have you healed?

hope your happy with the results. do you have any pre/post op pics at all?

Offline Whiff

• Bronze Member
Yes if you check my previous posts I have some pictures at various stages. I've attached a couple to this a before and a picture at 2 months. I'd be interested to see your pictures as well. The slight scar you see above my right  nipple has nothing to do with the surgery I burned my moob on the iron trying to iron a shirt without a top on the day before the op. The damn things just kept getting in the way lol.

Offline Whiff

• Bronze Member
sorry this is before

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024