Author Topic: Do you ever feel "out there"?  (Read 3360 times)

Offline Johndoe1

Depending on my mood, and I suspect the bra as well even though I can wear the same bra a different time and do not have this "feeling", there are times I just feel the girls are "out there" meaning, I am more conscious of the weight in the cups and either actual or perceived, I can "feel" the shape of the individual breasts being supported off my chest. Not necessarily projection, but supported and contained. There are other times, I don't even notice the weight or the support pressure around my ribcage from the band. It is almost like the girls are no longer on my chest.

My guess is those who are not well endowed, you may not feel this, but those like hammer and ABWG might get this sensation since there is more tissue to support and therefore might wear their bras snugger to get a better foundation to support the tissue better. It could also be completely in my head.
Womanhood is not defined by breasts, and breasts are not indicative of womanhood. - Melissa Fabello

hammer

Yep, I get it! I've lost another 10lbs or so and I've seeing something new now! My bras are to big! Not only in the band but in the cup too!

I am happy about this! I don't mind if my breast decrease in size, however I'm not about to go out and spend a ton of money on new bras at this point either. I have been just wearing genie magic bras and I do have one real good support one to that fits real well yet.

I'm now at a weight that I haven't seen for 30 years and it's an understatement to say that I'm very pleased! I hit 243 the other day! It has taking a hell of a long time, but I never want to see 333 again!

Offline Johndoe1

Hey! Great news! Congratulations! I know how that feels!

I am too the point that my stomach is decreasing but the girls are staying the same volume. I might have to size down in band, but the volume is the same and so I am having to go UP in cup to maintain the same cup size. That makes projection more obvious, but just today I went out in public in a shirt that fits me, but I made sure my bra wasn't accentuating too much and while you could see the girls, it didn't stand out and I only saw one person look a little longer than I thought they would, but nothing was said. That made me feel pretty good because I think the girls are looking pretty good at my reduced weight.

Offline TheDane

• Posting Member
Yes very much out there feeling.  Since my body produces 296 pg/mL of estrogen (normal pg/mL are much much lower) , things are definitely out there.  The only thing I can say that hasn't changed is my measurement around my rib cage and that works for me but everything else keeps getting larger. All of my body fat is distributing where a females fat stores are at, its disheartening and depressing not many of my "I'm a guy hear me roar" clothes fit any longer.:'(  I used to wear tactical pants and shorts. I'm 216lbs 6'4" now, I was 6'2" before I went thru 3 years of posture correction.

The chiseled body I had as a teenager and young adult after leaving the Nat'l Guard is long gone, recent bout with testicular cancer and losing one of the dudes has been a major set back. At least I can shave my face every day now, I was worried that after a week of no growth that things were bad. I have hated shaving my face my entire life, until now. IDC if body hair ever comes back.

I have noticed more sensitivity in the nipple and breast tissue and its driving me crazy. I lift a 4x8 sheet of plywood and brush my chest with it and that causes so much undesirable sensations. Find myself looking for something to put between my skin and the cup even padded cups aren't enough I was thinking silicone something.

I hate shopping for bras, sometimes the women while helpful say things like this will shape and lift. Uh support and squish 38C I'm not trying to show these off.::)

Offline Johndoe1

For reasons that are not clear to me, I find I get the most comfort when I am wearing a bra that has really good lift which means a rounded shape. A good swoop and scoop and, hello. That use to bother me, but over time I have come to the conclusion that I would rather be comfortable and contained over appearance. As a DD/DDD, hiding is a game that I can only tie at best. So I would rather be comfortable than squished, which is not very comfortable at all and I don't wish on my worst enemy. Well maybe my arch nemesis. 

Offline Johndoe1

38C and DD/DDD?! Sheesh! I cannot even begin to fathom how that would be like. I am a small b cup and I agree with John myself. I cannot explain why, but when I wear a bra, I find much relief and satisfaction in a bend over, scoop, swoop, release.

I notice 38C and others who are fairly in good health and shape, with sizable breasts, vs the usual image one may think of a larger man with a stomach to hide behind. Has being a 38C or DD with a frame that is fairly fit been a hassle in having larger breasts?
When I first started wearing a bra I had no real idea what I was doing. I had no idea how snug the band needed to be or how the cups should fit or the proper way to put on a bra. I measured myself as best I could using what information I gleaned from Google and thought that was good enough. At that point I was willing to put up with poor fitting bras and wearing discomfort in general because to not have what little support I was getting was less painful than the years I had already endured of bouncing and jiggling free style. I began wearing a bra everyday and still do. Back pain and the pain of tissue moving around on one's chest will cause you to do things you swore you would never do. But even after a while, that got old. I could see why women complained about their bras all the time. The bra was starting to be a prison of torture for my boobs, not something to solve problems.

I finally found some real information that I could use at a bra boutique website and realized I was in the wrong size bra and I was getting minimal support. I realized my band was too large and my cups were too small, classic bra fitting issues and I had no idea what my true size was. But Walmart only goes up to D cups in larger bands and I didn't think I was any bigger than a C. I Finally got the courage up and found a local bra fitter. I was scared to death to even set up an appointment, but again, discomfort is a great motivator and I did. From that visit, I found out what a bra was suppose to feel like when it was doing its job. And my old bras hadn't been. I went from wearing a 42C full coverage to a 38DD plunge. I finally knew what my true size and shape was. The feeling of support and containment was instantaneous. It felt wonderful! While the band was considerably tighter than what I had been wearing, indenting my skin, it was actually more comfortable now that the rib cage was supporting the weight and the fat was acting as padding and not all the weight on my shoulders. The girls were lifted, supported, contained AND I WAS COMFORTABLE and for the first time, I liked what I saw. With the style of bra, I looked natural, not like I had forms in my bra cups. And that translated to confidence in my appearance I hadn't had before. With the proper shirt or top, that doesn't draw attention to my chest, and that is the key, while you may see some projection, it doesn't look out of place and 99% of people never even give me a second glance now. And I am no fashionista, that is for sure.

I don't wear a minimizer bra very often, but like any woman, you have to wear the right bra for the right top and the inch or inch and half that a minimizer can take off can make all the difference in appearance with some tops. It took a little time to figure out what works and what doesn't, but eventually you get a look that works. Women have been using this trick forever. It works for men as well.

But there are some days, just the way the underwire will hook behind the breast tissue after a swoop and scoop, you feel "out there" more. And it isn't a bad sensation either. You are just more aware of the support and containment. Or at least I do.

hammer

Thank you John and Steven

I too found that the right fitting bra made a world of difference! At the end of the day when you get ready for bed and it's time to take off the bra and your not sure you don't even want to says something!

I have bras that are minimizes and are extremely comfortable too! But as I've said everything is getting to big on me now but I still feel better with something on then without. Amazingly the magic gini bra is working just fine for the activity that I'm doing!

Unlike THEDANE who has gain a couple of inches in his height, after going through back surgeries and ageing I have lost some of mine, along with memory and others senior moments stuff lol!
I'm sure others can understand!

As for my weight loss, I sometimes have a hard time seeing it as it has taken me so long to lose it.  The one place that I can see it is in my chair.  I have a zero gravity lift chair that was custom fit for me and if those of you that are close to my age or you younger guys have ever Rowan Martin's "Laugh In", I feel like the part where " Lily Tomlin" would be on the oversized rocking chair doing her little skits.

aboywithgirls

As far as being "out there ", I know that proportionality, my girls are larger than most women. My latest bra is an Elomi Matilda. It's a UK 38G which is a US 38I. However it's a mesh lace underwire. I don't feel as projected as some of my molded cups. It is very supportive and I feel not as heavy in the chest. 

Like John said, like women,  I wear different bras for different reasons and different tops. You have to have the right bra for your shape and you have to have the right top for the shape. Wearing an underwire is how I achieve this. Most of my button down tops are women's because they fit me better. I can wear my bra and be comfortable and wear a top....well,  let's call it what it is, a blouse and not have gapping across my chest that shows my bra and not wear something that's 3 sizes too big! I feel better not looking like I'm wearing a potato sack! If that means that my shirts, tops or blouses come from Torrid and Lane Bryant, so be it. We all know that mens shirts aren't made to fit boobs. I just want to look and feel my best.

aboywithgirls

I have found over the years that wearing a bra or having boobs is not the worst thing in the world.  Over half of the population deals with it. We are the chosen few that get to deal.with it as well.

Women have there own times I'm sure that they feel insecure about their chest.  It stands to reason that we will have those same feelings. 

Offline SideSet

I feel most comfortable and confident when I’m wearing a bra 

Offline TheDane

• Posting Member
I wasn't implying that I hate wearing support, just that I am at point in my life where I'm unhappy that things are going the way they are. Which I suspect everyone on here is too-just vocalizing it.

Initially I had Soma measure me at 40B I have yet to find a large supply of comfortable supportive bras in that size.  I recently tried Chantelle I really like their product it's comfortable and fits. But 40B is too loose in this brand. Sister size seemed to work.  I have a small frame but my height makes me look strange than most. At 216lbs I have a belly but my rack protrudes beyond it.

I bought 4 more Champion sports bras before I had travel to PA for a vacation. Glad I did, it's cold here and pokies would be really OUT. 

As Johndoe1 pointed out, I had no idea what I was doing either.  I'd be a liar if I said swoop and scoop wasn't part of my routine.
I haven't gone as far as to try wearing womens blouses for a better fit and less gapping
Images are left and right and this is with a medium support curvy champion.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2019, 11:29:47 PM by TheDane »

Offline Johndoe1

I'd be a liar if I said swoop and scoop wasn't part of my routine.
If you don't swoop and scoop, the bra doesn't fit right and you really aren't getting all the support you should have and after a few hours, with me at least, without S/C, the wires will start to poke in some hurtful places. A good S/C and that never happens and the girls are happy.

Offline SideSet

Offline Johndoe1

It amazes me to hear women tell how they have never swooped and scooped! Many are wearing bras for decades before they ever start. Knowing that, I can see why women complain about their bras all the time. I would too if I had to put up with that all the time. The short time I didn't swoop and scoop was almost enough to get me to stop wearing a bra.

Offline Jlt83e

• Posting Member

My weight goes up and down like a roller coaster ,it seems when I loose it my chest stays the same , 38c or d depending on type of bra , I have found that a 36d or 36dd makes projection alot less and have same support , I shouldn't say same support ,I noticed that the 36d and Dd seem to keep things under control alot better especially when mowing the lawn or out walking ,I suppose it make a difference what style of bra it is as well, my wife got me a champion sports bra that she thought would work well , that thing was designed as some sort of torture device I swear a roll of duct tape would have been a better option

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024