Author Topic: how do u know if its glandular or plain fat  (Read 5068 times)

Offline ruffpatch

Hi!

Came across this site 3 days ago. I'm 20 and surgery, I can't afford. I'm 5'9'' and 198lbs. It should be 20lbs overweight. But how do u know if its glandular or due to overweight. I noticed last year, I worked out for a while and i felt confident enough to wear plain t-shirts. My nips are not female-like where they jut out, nut are rounded because of the fat. Also, would exercise solve my problem.
Thanks

Offline HalfLifer

Hello

Probably not what you want to hear, but here goes:  See a doctor.  I know its a massive step but trust me, it'll be worth it.  I went to the doctor and felt such a relief after going - they're completely professional and very understanding.  I was particularly worried becuase my doctor is a very good friend (and work collegue) of my dad, but I guarantee that although you might not be comfortable before going, you'll feel totally relaxed when there.  Doctors are there to help you - take advantage of them :)

Regarding exercise - losing weight might help, but building muscle might make it worse.  If it is glandular tissue, the muscle builds up behind it, making them bigger.  

Offline snugs

• Posting Member
Gland will feel very hard when you press it. Mine feels like a bunch of marbles or ball bearings under my skin.

Depending on how much fat you have it can be hard to tell because fat forms around the gland. I thought my problem was purely fat, but after losing 45 pounds i can definitely feel gland now. I made a thread in the pictures section showing before and after pictures of me from my weight loss, check it out for an idea of how my chest appearance changed - or didn't change.

Offline ruffpatch

Thanks for the response, i'll look it up

Offline rodimus

• Posting Member
Gland will feel very hard when you press it. Mine feels like a bunch of marbles or ball bearings under my skin.

Depending on how much fat you have it can be hard to tell because fat forms around the gland. I thought my problem was purely fat, but after losing 45 pounds i can definitely feel gland now. I made a thread in the pictures section showing before and after pictures of me from my weight loss, check it out for an idea of how my chest appearance changed - or didn't change.

Is it as hard as a marble or just the shape? Because I can feel something there but feels more like some sort of gummy candy.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024