Author Topic: How bad was your post op swelling...?  (Read 3370 times)

Offline Yorkshireman

• Silver Member
2 weeks post op...

My right side is still badly swollen, and is bigger than my previous gyne...Ive given it 2 weeks and am now getting a bit worried, as everyone else seems to be ok by this stage....

Left side is ok, swollen and bruised, but not swollen anywhere nearly as badly as the rhs.....

im goign to ring mrL on monday, but until then your comments would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers.

Offline RRB

• Gold Member
  • I am here to help
Everyones different when it comes to healing mate, I say stop worrying for now and wait till you hear from Mr Levick.  Explain everything to him and see what he says.  
Surgery performed by Mr Paul Levick, 17/02/05. I am here to help.

Offline Seattle000

• Bronze Member
I had almost no bruising after the surgery. I also had very minimal swelling (my chest looked flat when I first saw it 5 days after surgery). My right side was bigger before the surgery. I am not sure if it's bigger now (I'm 2 weeks post-op): sometimes it seems like it is still slightly bigger, and sometimes it seems like both sides are the same. I think I am staring at it too much ;)

Just out of curiosity, can it be that I am right handed and my right pectoral muscle is bigger? In cases when the final results turn out to be slightly uneven, is there anything that the doctor can do without redoing the surgery?

Offline Yorkshireman

• Silver Member
It seems like Im certainly the unlucky one out of the recent Levick folk.....

Whent he bandages came off the chest was soo flat...yet just a few days later it is massively swollen....

Im going to leave it till monday now, but I must say horrible thoughts are going through my mind of having to go through a 2nd op etc.....oo errr....

Offline Seattle000

• Bronze Member
If you were flat after surgery I'd think that you're just swollen and it should go away after some time. Let us know what he says...

Offline Taz

• Bronze Member
  • Free at last
2 weeks? My god you're impatient!

It will take a lotlonger than 2 weeks for the swelling to go down. My brusing & swelling settled about 5 weeks post op.

If you're in doubt give Paul a ring.

Offline AJP

• Silver Member
I'll echo what Taz has said - 2 weeks is far too soon to be jumping to any conclusions. I know it's easy to say that; we're constantly judging the improvement and development of our chests right from 1 day post-op, as it's our body and we're naturally concerned.

But don't worry about it. I'm 5 weeks post Levick and things are still changing daily. Some people who are 5 months post Levick will still not be out of the healing process. I had alot of swelling and it's still settling down. Give it time bro!

Cheers.
Another happy Levick Lad.

Offline Yorkshireman

• Silver Member
Cheers guys, I know deep down that you are right, its just when you read all the diairies on here and most folk seem to be chilling out after a matter of days!

I am going to see Mr L in 2 weeks, and hopefully he will be able to reassure me that this op hasnt been a complete male thingy up!!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024