Author Topic: had op last week  (Read 2440 times)

Offline vishal_chauhan

• Bronze Member
  • Hello from Mumbai
guys! how much time does it take to see the actual results. had op last week. my ps says wait for 4 weeks to see improvement. there is a lot of swelling on the left side more than the right. i used to have more fat on the right side.

when ccan i see some results. im going thru this insecurity that due to less bruises on the rght side, is it possible than the right side was not performed as good as left one...or maybe my left sde was always better shaped compard t the right side.

guys, im just confused to the nth degree.

DrBermant

guys! how much time does it take to see the actual results. had op last week. my ps says wait for 4 weeks to see improvement. there is a lot of swelling on the left side more than the right. i used to have more fat on the right side.

when ccan i see some results. im going thru this insecurity that due to less bruises on the rght side, is it possible than the right side was not performed as good as left one...or maybe my left sde was always better shaped compard t the right side.

guys, im just confused to the nth degree.

Liposuction and fat sculpture can take at least 6 months until the final results are seen.  Evolution of tissues after surgery depends on the original problem, what was done, skill of your surgeon, aftercare, how you heal, and other factors.  Typical evolution for my patients can be seen here.  Sometimes Revision Gynecomastia Surgery can help.

Standardized photographs are better for describing residual issues than just words.  However, your questions are better answered by your own doctor or someone you see for a second opinion.  

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture

Offline rcbrown23

Patients, my friend. The first few weeks after the op can be the most difficult. There is probably more swelling on one side, nothing to worry about, just hang in there.

Offline jc71

• Wilma, grab the lotion, we're going to the beach!
4 weeks? Some more, some less.  If the doc says 4 weeks, probably best to use his judgment.  

You had more fat on the right side, yet post op you have more swelling on the left?  Hum. I think usually common when more is removed and the excess swelling is on the same side.  More removed sometimes equals more swelling.  Why is yours opposite? Maybe the tissue in that side of your chest is more sensative to surgery and is more swollen.  I have no idea.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024