Author Topic: Suggestions for soft cup underwire bras  (Read 1265 times)

Offline Zaphod B

I have been lurking for a while and decided I need to ask the group for bra advice.  I developed breasts in my 60s and have been wearing a bra every day for 6 or 7 years so I am not a newbie.  My wife knows I wear bras for comfort and she is perfectly OK with it, maybe even a bit amused because we sometimes wear each other's bras.

Like many of you, I have wide spaced breasts and have about as much boob under my arms as I do on my chest.  I have mostly been wearing leisure and low impact sports bras like the Hanes Get Cozy but they don't do anything for the underarm boob.  They are growing at a glacial pace, so it is starting to be an issue.  Wirefree bras don't work because I don't fill the cups and neither do bras with molded cups.  Lately I am getting comfortable with soft cup underwires and don't really mind the extra projection I get when I stuff the sideboob into the cups.  At my age, I have better things to worry about.  I can wear most soft cup 42C bras like the Fruit of the Loom Extreme Comfort and the Bali Lace Desire, but I would probably be better off with a 42B.  Unfortunately, once you get past a 40 band, B cups are pretty hard to find.  The Lace Desire does come in a 42B and I plan to order one but I would like to know what else is out there.

Looking for suggestions.  Wirefree and molded cups don't work for me.  Thanks.

Offline Parity

• Silver Member
I'm glad you decided to chime in here Zaphod B.  and welcome.

It's been said many times by various members to go to a boutique and get fitted.  That will assure you the fit and style is best for you.  You said a 42C might be a bit big.  I have found for me Wacoal has a great lineup that has the band width however starts at a C cup.  I personally have many of their styles and like them.  The soft cup conforms nicely with uneven breast as well so may be worth a look at.  Many have a side sling which may help you as well.  I'll attach a link to some I really like. 

Good luck and don't give up.  You will find something that works,

https://www.wacoal-america.com/bras/best-sellers/back-appeal-underwire-bra-855303

https://www.wacoal-america.com/bras/best-sellers/inside-job-underwire-bra-855345

https://www.wacoal-america.com/bras/best-sellers/basic-beauty-full-figure-seamless-underwire-bra-855192

Offline JKing

• Posting Member
Here's a couple of manufacturers that do bigger bands with smaller cups.  Pepper is ALL smaller cups. B is their largest.  Knix, has a selection that fit smaller cups with bigger bands. 

https://www.wearpepper.com/

https://knix.ca/

Offline taxmapper

First, grab a towel and don't panic. 

All is good. 

The soft cup thing is something that i tried at first to figure out. 

I wound up just buying soft cup sports bras because they are the most comfortable for me. 

Easier to use and put on for me at least. 

Offline Sophie

• Silver Member
I am the first one to say "go get fitted"! However, I just saw this bra on a Facebook ad. I checked on Amazon and found it $5 cheaper! I like the fact that it has some great side smoothing panels as well as a broader underwire that will encapsulate ALL of the girls! Not to mention the "chimney back" design that keeps the straps from slipping. 

♥️Sophie♥️

Felina Marvelous Side Smoothing T-Shirt Bra, Tighter Band- Bras for Women, Seamless Bra, Lingerie for Women, Plus Size Bra https://a.co/d/9H6sXpD

Offline Evolver

• Gold Member
Her Room has a pretty good filter.

Here are the results for 42B, underwire, unlined cup. There are 46 matches!

Shop the Best Bras, Bra Styles & Brands | HerRoom Bras

Offline Sophie

• Silver Member
I found this one. I don't know if it's a little to girly for you but it is cute!

♥️Sophie♥️

https://www.nylingerie.com/products/bali-lace-desire-womens-underwire-bra?variant=40182796484660

Offline Parity

• Silver Member
I found this one. I don't know if it's a little to girly for you but it is cute!

♥️Sophie♥️

https://www.nylingerie.com/products/bali-lace-desire-womens-underwire-bra?variant=40182796484660
Yes.  Try this one.  I know we're all different, in shape and style likes, but that was one I wore a lot and quite enjoyed it.  I out grew it a year and a half ago and moved onto other styles for a change but liked that one. 

Take your wife along try some on and have fun with it. 

Offline Zaphod B

"First, grab a towel and don't panic."  Exactly.  I do seem to be a size 42.

I have been wearing pullovers pretty much from the beginning.  Sizing is a no brainer and they keep things from moving around even when I am bicycling, but they don't lift and shape the underarm boob like an underwire.  I have been wanting to get back into golf, but I fear that the armpit boob is going to affect my backswing.  I also find that an underwire is more comfortable if I am going to be wearing it for 12 hours or more.  I project a bit more with an underwire, but lately I am caring less and less if the girls show a bit.

"Shop the Best Bras, Bra Styles & Brands | HerRoom Bras "

I buy most of my bras from herroom and have spent hours on their website fooling around with the filters.  I have a list of about 10 that seem like they need another look but you have to read the descriptions carefully.  The last one I ordered turned out to be a molded cup so it is going back.  Several styles come up in a 42B search, but they are not in stock.

"I found this one. I don't know if it's a little to girly for you but it is cute!

♥️Sophie♥️

https://www.nylingerie.com/products/bali-lace-desire-womens-underwire-bra?variant=40182796484660 "

Great suggestion.  Actually my wife has a couple of these in a 42C and I just spent the past 3 days test driving one.  My breasts fit nicely into the bottom of the cup and it looks good on me, but the upper part of the cup is a bit loose, which makes me think that the available 42B will be a good fit.  It is a bit girly but nobody but me and my wife will see it.  Of all the bras I have looked at, I keep coming back to the ones with lace cups and this one seems like the best choice so far.

"https://www.wearpepper.com/ "

Pepper looks intriguing, but their band sizes stop at 40.  Like I said, once you get into a 42 band, the smaller cup sizes go away and vice versa.  I have tried on a 40C and it is uncomfortably tight.  I have a Fruit of the Loom Extreme Comfort bra that I would consider perfect except that a 42C is the smallest cup you can get once you get past a 40 band.  One of my boobs is a bit smaller than the other.  One cup used to wrinkle around the top a bit when I first bought it, but it seems I have filled it out a bit in the past year or so. Unfortunately it looks like that style may be discontinued.  If somebody was going to make a bra especially for men, all they would need to do is expand the sizes a bit.  You DD guys have a lot more choices than I do.  I may catch up to you in a couple of years.

Anyhow, so long and thanks for all the suggestions.  At this point, the Bali Lace Desire seems to be my best choice.

Offline Sophie

• Silver Member
 "Of all the bras I have looked at, I keep coming back to the ones with lace cups and this one seems like the best choice so far."

I feel that if you have to wear a bra, it might as well be a cute bra. I like and have always liked lacey bras. The first bras that were actually mine and not hand me down bras from my sister all had a lacey trim or full lace panels over the cups. They were also underwire. My sister was a bit jealous/upset because I remember her complaining to our mother that she couldn't have underwire bras because they made her look too busty. There I was, her younger brother wearing lacey underwire bras! Lol 😆. 

♥️Sophie♥️

Offline Parity

• Silver Member
"Of all the bras I have looked at, I keep coming back to the ones with lace cups and this one seems like the best choice so far."

I feel that if you have to wear a bra, it might as well be a cute bra. I like and have always liked lacey bras. The first bras that were actually mine and not hand me down bras from my sister all had a lacey trim or full lace panels over the cups...

♥️Sophie♥️
I feel the same way.  I would have to say it took me a bit to navigate away from the basic colors and such but I do like a nice lacy cup and find them to be comfortable, pretty and make me happy.

Offline Sophie

• Silver Member

I feel that if you have to wear a bra, it might as well be a cute bra. I like and have always liked lacey bras. The first bras that were actually mine and not hand me down bras from my sister all had a lacey trim or full lace panels over the cups...

♥️Sophie♥️
I feel the same way.  I would have to say it took me a bit to navigate away from the basic colors and such but I do like a nice lacy cup and find them to be comfortable, pretty and make me happy.
Exactly!!! Lace is almost magical! It's light, airy, pretty and versatile. It's the perfect material to compliment a bra. Depending on your girls and how sensitive your nipples are, you also may want to invest in some nipple petals. 

❤️Sophie❤️

Offline Parity

• Silver Member
That's right!  Lace is nice and should be embraced as something that can lift you up in every possible way.

I was going through the Amazon site a few weeks ago looking exclusively for lacy bras.  I decided on a very inexpensive one and purchased it solely on how it looked on the model.  I'm not going to try and kid you that I look like that, however I did  get one because I thought it was pretty.  It's not the most comfortable but I can wear it all day.  Some times if I meed to clean up for an evening I will wear it to end the day in style and as a pick me up from a hard day.  Point is I guess,  wear what makes you happy and makes you feel good about yourself.  After all it's ourselves we have to please.

https://www.amazon.com/HSIA-Minimizer-Coverage-Underwire-Non-Padded/dp/B09MQQTLNN/ref=sr_1_8?crid=CX1PD3MI5FYK&keywords=hsia%2Bbras%2Bfor%2Bwomen&qid=1706827845&sprefix=HSIA%2Caps%2C338&sr=8-8&th=1

Offline Moobzie

• Silver Member
For the 'band vs cup' size problem, getting a good cup fit with a smaller band size can be done with extender straps (all bra sellers have them).  There are one, two, three and four hook versions - and mostly in white, beige and black.
They accomplish the band to cup fit pretty well.  Only drawback for some is that they are for clasped bands.  But they have several rows of clasps so can be fit to specs. Or pecs (couldn't resist!)

Online Johndoe1

Yeah, you always size the cup first then worry about the band. If the cup doesn't fit right, the rest doesn't matter. 
Womanhood is not defined by breasts, and breasts are not indicative of womanhood. - Melissa Fabello

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024