Author Topic: Surgery @ Apollo B'lore, Under Dr. Deepak KL.  (Read 18694 times)

Offline kgr

• Posting Member
Hi!

I underwent surgery on 08/07/08 under Dr. Deepak KL Gowda at Apollo Hospital, Bangalore. (Opp to IIM)

The surgery was scheduled at 9:30 AM, and i was asked to be there at 7 AM.. But it was re-scheduled at 11:30 AM. Here's what happened:

Pre-surgery - Dr. Deepak called me up the day before surgery and instructed me to have no food after midnight, since the General Anastasia might provoke vomiting and might block my airways while surgery. 

7 AM  - Finished all the admission in-patient formalities and checked in to the general ward. I deposited Rs. 32,200 (Apx. US$ 775) at the IP Billing dept, and he explained to me the inclusions and exclusions for the liposuction package. The cost includes the necessary preliminary blood tests + surgeon's fee +  Anastasia fees + stay at the general ward for 3 days + medications while the stay + food @ 7 times a day). Gynecomastia surgery comes under Liposuction package, even though it involves glandular excision.

It was an 8 bedded general ward, and it was the only available spot. Obviously all the good ones were taken, so i requested the nurse station to provide me a 4 bedded general ward whenever it is available. The best part is, the 4 bedded ward is much cleaner, quieter and has a TV. For the Liposuction package, we can chose whether we need 4 bedded or 8 bedded ward.

10:30 AM - Dr. Deepak came to me at the ward, with the marker and compression garment. He mapped my chest with his marker, and tried the compression garment.

11:30 AM - I was asked to lie down on a stretcher which took me to the Operation Theater complex. Mine was OT-3. Waited for almost an hour since the OT-3 was under cleaning.

12:30 AM - My back and chest was cleaned with betadine solution, and they gave an intravenal solution, which was very cool and tingling. There were some 5-6 people inside the OT. I was put under general anastasia, and i slept off within 2 seconds.

5:00 PM - I was in the observation chamber, and was shivering with cold... They put a hot pack below my blanket. I also remember them cleaning my nasal passage with a nebulizer. That was a wierd experience!! I could not feel any pain.

6:00 PM - I was transferred to the general ward, and had a juice.

7:30 PM - Had light dinner and slept off.

They gave me an intravenal dose of painkiller which was damn painful!! It's an irony, but true... My hand was aching for a very long time due to that dose.
I had the drain attached from the sides of my chest, which was quite uncomfortable. I still could not feel much pain due to the numbness in my chest, coz of the local Anastasia and the Kline's liquid used for the liposuction.

I had to urinate a lot that night due to a lot of liquid intake through the dextrose + liquid injection. I had a painful throat for 2 days since they inserted a tube into my throat for free breathing during the surgery.

Doctor said he took out 2.4 liters of fat altogether from both my chest (1.1 + 1.3) including the injected liquid. The glands were approx 5-6 cm in diameter.

I could not walk, or even sit straight on the eve of surgery. The next day, i was able to move around with the drains. There was a mild and tolerable pain in my chest. I was listening to music on my iPod most of the time.

Results:

Front View

(CLICK TO ENLARGE)

Side View

(CLICK TO ENLARGE)

This is what they removed from my chest:

(CLICK TO ENLARGE)

After Surgery:
Its been a week since my surgery, and my chest is swollen and feels very hard. Doctor says that its normal and would soon disappear, maybe in 2 weeks. The results could be noticed in 3-6 month period, and the full 'n final results would be seen in a year.

I have a lot of weight to lose. I underwent this surgery coz i was shy to engage in physical activities due to my large chest. But now its gone, and i am very much satisfied with Dr. Deepak's skill. He is a blessed surgeon and a fine gentleman. I would recommend anyone to get it done under him.

His Contact details:
Cellphone: +91 9900101342
For appointments, call - (080) 66 00 1066 (dial 91 80 66001066 if calling from outside India)
http://www.apolloedoc.co.in/ui/CompleteProfile.aspx?uniqueId=1373
http://www.apollohospitalsbangalore.com

I have to get the stitches removed on friday the 18th july '08. Will surely update whenever i make progress.

Take care!
KGR
« Last Edit: August 04, 2008, 01:52:40 PM by kgr »
Surgery on 8th July 2008 under Dr. Deepak KL @ Apollo - Bangalore, India.
Liposuction + Gland excision. Cost - US$ 775 (Rs. 32,200 INR)
Details: http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=14938.0
***Recovering***

Offline sasidon

• Bronze Member
cud u plz keep updating ur status here ....
**Surgery done @ Appollo chennai**
Surgeon : Dr K Ramachandran

Surgery exp : http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=15201.0
Pics : http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=15513.0
**Pretty happy with the results...**
"All you need is to be mentally strong with enough financial support...get them off"

Offline kgr

• Posting Member
Sure thing buddy..

What are you looking to read about?

Offline sasidon

• Bronze Member
1 : how r u doing now?
2 : will i be able to get back to work after one week of surgery?
3 : can u plz tell howz pain on day 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,..?

Offline kgr

• Posting Member
1. I got the stitches removed on 18th July. No pain while removing stitches, and the doctor suggested me not to put chest on any strain.

2. In normal cases, you can get back to work within a week of surgery. Mine was pretty complicated due to the amount of fat + glands removed was comparatively more.

3. Pain after surgery is very much tolerable. If you feel any pain, you can have painkillers (I hardly had any). Pain should never stop you from undergoing the surgery. Just get it removed if it restricts your freedom.

Mentally i feel much more confident about my body. I am just waiting to recover a bit more so i can engage in physical activities to lose my excess weight.

My honest opinion: Just get it done. You would feel much better throughout your life.

Offline sasidon

• Bronze Member
thnx buddy.

yea sure i will get it done at any cost.

i juss want to be prepared for the process and pain etc...

i got an ppointment for aug 2nd...eagerly waiting for getting those off  :)

how ru doing now???

Offline kgr

• Posting Member
Thats great! All the best dude ;)

Who's your surgeon?

Offline sasidon

• Bronze Member
Dr K Ramachandram from Appollo Chennai  :)

Offline sasidon

• Bronze Member
Hello KGR

how r u doing now?
Cud u plz post ur latest pics now?

i read in this forum that there will be some swelling after 2 weeks of surgery.R u facing the same now?
if yes,how managable is it?
i mean...does the chest size look more than pre-surgery during this swelling phase??

Offline kgr

• Posting Member
Yes, i have swelling (feels like a hard mass right below the skin) which sometimes pains, and gives itchy sensation.

No, the swelling is minimal since i always wear the compression garment. In no way will the swelling appear more than that before surgery.

There is no much difference with the size of my chest after my post-op pics. Anyways, i will post my new pics soon.

Offline sasidon

• Bronze Member

Offline im30

• Posting Member
Hi Buddy,

I am from India too, from Delhi, Its very strange to know about this Gynecomastia I see a lot of people affected say about 9 on 10 but very few have the courage to goto see a doctor and hardly any to goto OT, you have shown tremendous amount of courage for this, Hats off to you  8), really I have been thinking of this for the last 2 years that how will I get it operated and whom should accompany with and should I disclose it to anyone else or not or even in my office there 80% who have same kind of issue, some have mild or have avregare or large, but I dont have courage to discuss this with them ;D 

Did you go alone for the Surgery I am asking this because the Docs I talked with say you must accompany somebody for Operation.
and Second thing is who is taking care of you post operation?

Offline sasidon

• Bronze Member
@KGR

how important is to have someone accompanying us for this?
No one is coming with me for my surgeory coz i dint wanrt to tell to anyone ...

awaiting for ur quick reply...

Offline jurex

• Posting Member
congrats on srgry. Could u plz tell me any way to contact D. Deepak any website link or Phone no Plz :-*

Offline kgr

• Posting Member
@ Sasidon

Please take someone with you. I had my closest buddy with me. Although not completely necessary, its always better to have someone with you just in case.

@ im30

Thanks dude. Informed only my best friend just the night before surgery. He was with me for 2 whole days. It is best to have someone with you for atleast a week after surgery.

@ Jurex
Dr. Deepak KL
Cellphone: +91 9900101342
For appointments, call - (080) 66 00 1066 (dial 91 80 66001066 if calling from outside India)
http://www.apolloedoc.co.in/ui/CompleteProfile.aspx?uniqueId=1373
http://www.apollohospitalsbangalore.com
« Last Edit: August 04, 2008, 01:53:46 PM by kgr »

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024